• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

2nd Issue kit

I've noticed that within our Coy particularly they have stopped giving second issue of some items. You get the second pair of boots, but some are not getting their second issue smock as they 'only need one' - only problem being that 'one' is generally the hooded one and is thus useless for parades.

Anyone else heard of this?

I only have the one (minus the hood) but have been told that we should still be being issued two, especially as the ATRs are apparently stating two on the kit list.

Saw this on CIC and PJNCO's; and the guys that have been through Catterick since me have said the same.

They tip up, always with one smock, sometimes one set of boots, and are set about by angry DS for not having whats on the Kit list.

Eventually, they get a word in edgeways and explain they never had it, and amid much muttering about "******* STAB storemen" they are let off.

I've noticed that within our Coy particularly they have stopped giving second issue of some items. You get the second pair of boots, but some are not getting their second issue smock as they 'only need one' - only problem being that 'one' is generally the hooded one and is thus useless for parades.
All well and good.
I've got recruits turning up with 1pr of boots, 1 Jacket, 1pr Trousers, 1 Shirt 95 and a bag to put them in and officially that's all they're entitled to.

Who the **** joins the TA to rob a second pair of boots that cost about £15?? That the heel falls off after 6miles.

If we're good enough to be shot and killed we're good enough to be kitted out the same as regular soldiers. One Army my hole.

303SMLE said:
Saw this on CIC and PJNCO's; and the guys that have been through Catterick since me have said the same.

They tip up, always with one smock, sometimes one set of boots, and are set about by angry DS for not having whats on the Kit list.

Eventually, they get a word in edgeways and explain they never had it, and amid much muttering about "* STAB storemen" they are let off.
That was my initial issue but when i fininshed Mod 1 and 2 i got a second issue. Still no second jacket though. The kit list for 1C said i needed one so i bought a brand new one myself. Turns out i didn't really need it although having two made life easier in that i could leave the new one in my locker for inspections and not worry about it. Having said that quite a few of the lads only had one jacket so the DS issued them one for the course. This was at Grantham.

Belt_Twit said:

Why is a hood on a jacket useless for parade ?

FTR our lot only get one jacket, and have done for at least 2 years

******* hell lads, that sounds shitty!

First kit issue I had with the RAuxAF

2x Jacket
3xshirt
3xtrousers
3xtshirt
2xboots
Goretex
Sleeping bag
Bivvi bag
Bivvi sheet
Begren
Webbing
Holdall
Norgie/fleece/other cold weather
Helmet
2xpairs of gloves

Some other bits and pieces I can't remember and a fitting for No. 1s! I never realised that there was such a difference.

wellyhead said:
Belt_Twit said:

Why is a hood on a jacket useless for parade ?

FTR our lot only get one jacket, and have done for at least 2 years
Certainly as an infantry platoon when you've ragged your hooded one around exercises and it's in shite state, you look a lot smarter in a nicely pressed hoodless smock.

It generally looks smarter for parades to be wearing a hoodless one. Everyone up until recently has gotten two, so it seems strange that they suddenly stop.

the shirts are jackets as said in labels which I presume is why and hooded jacket they are detachable on some and the other ones don't have one I didn't get a 2nd one and the shirt replacing them sounds about right you don't need two so that would explain that.

Cpt_Darling said:

2x Jacket
3xshirt
3xtrousers
3xtshirt
2xboots
Goretex
Sleeping bag
Bivvi bag
Bivvi sheet
Begren
Webbing
Holdall
Helmet
2xpairs of gloves

Some other bits and pieces I can't remember and a fitting for No. 1s!
Feck me, my TA unit (Sigs) doesn't give out half of that on a first issue. Even after the second issue we only have 2 pairs of trousers, 2 shirts, 1 pair of gloves and 1 field jacket.

How many bloody jackets do you need, most TA have been issued one jacket for years. The hooded one is probably the best thing since a windproof and your still moaning.

A jacket for parades, get a grip, TA will do probably two parades a year Remembrance and a Regimental parade of some sort.

Get a grip.

BW

Before someone mentions it, You only get one grip.

Cpt_Darling said:
* hell lads, that sounds shitty!

2x Jacket
3xshirt
3xtrousers
3xtshirt
2xboots
Goretex
Sleeping bag
Bivvi bag
Bivvi sheet
Begren
Webbing
Holdall
Helmet
2xpairs of gloves

Some other bits and pieces I can't remember and a fitting for No. 1s! I never realised that there was such a difference.
Out of date Mate, at least, when I got issued last October, I only got one pair boots, one jacket, and two each of shirts and trousers. Loads of Blue kit that I'll never need as well of course feck *rse :x

Aye it could well be, that was Nov 06 that i got it issued.Whats your role?Are you talking day-to-day blues?Not No. 1s?

To be honest, the second jacket, second pair of boots, have hardly been used, just kept clean and shiny in the locker.

brucewillis said:
How many bloody jackets do you need, most TA have been issued one jacket for years. The hooded one is probably the best thing since a windproof and your still moaning.

A jacket for parades, get a grip, TA will do probably two parades a year Remembrance and a Regimental parade of some sort.

Get a grip.

BW

Before someone mentions it, You only get one grip.
The hooded one is fantastic for in the field. What I am saying is we were getting issued two, now suddenly they're only issuing one which is a pain in the arse, unless you want to go back to "Well in my day" and all that bullsh*t.

I've accumulated plenty over the years. The old ones were not hooded, meaning the longer serving members only have 'hoodless' smocks, whereas the newbies only have hooded smocks, thus making parades look a sack of mis-matching sh*t.

Eventually as the old stock is used everyone will have the same jacket. And you will be happy.

As for the "In my day" crack I'm still living it!
And I have two jackets.

4th_of_foot said:
Cpt_Darling said:
* hell lads, that sounds shitty!

2x Jacket
3xshirt
3xtrousers
3xtshirt
2xboots
Goretex
Sleeping bag
Bivvi bag
Bivvi sheet
Begren
Webbing
Holdall
Helmet
2xpairs of gloves

Out of date Mate, at least, when I got issued last October, I only got one pair boots, one jacket, and two each of shirts and trousers. Loads of Blue kit that I'll never need as well of course feck *rse :x
Should've gone Regiment!
2nd pair of boots, Silver Shadows, more shirts, t-shirts and trousers.
Ditched the hoodless issued jacket and got a windproof after the first week-end in the field. Took far too long to dry out and now it's only for weekends on base. Windproof was thirty quid brand-new, so that's only a day and a half's wages up the spout.....

Latest Threads