2nd Interview Tomorrow.. Any Help Please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by rushton88, Nov 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, first post.
    i have my 2nd interview tomorrow at my local recruitment office.

any tips and pointers.. and what do i need to revise up on.

i can do a 1.5mile in 10.30

i am applying for fitter general in the royal engineers

2. be there 5 mins before and get used to it, just be yourself and dont worry about it
  3. Be early, be smart, be honest, don't waffle :D
  4. what information will i need to know

about my basic training?
    my regiment..
    that type of things?
  5. I'd recommend brushing up on your "how to use the search function on an internet forum" skills.
  6. Know where your basic is, how long Basic training is, and what you do in your basic. Then know length of P2 training,where and what you do.
    knowing what your job role will be.
    Be yourself and always tell the truth.
  7. sorry smudge. i have tried using a search function.

but i wanted some specific answers about what i will need to know..

not that the interview will be formal, arrive early, and dress smart.. that to me is common sense
  8. thanks robbo
  9. I would suggest turning up may be useful
  10. Don't worry about it. Be smart, honest, and admit to anything you don't know the answer to. As already mentioned before, don't waffle.

They don't expect you to know a great deal about the Army, since you're not in yet.
  11. thank you.. thats bit more what i was expecting..
    going to do some research into my role, training, and my chosen regiment
  12. The mistake most often made by the greatest number of interviewees is that they talk about what the organisation can do for them instead of what they can do for the organisation. They're not interested in whether you'll get wood when you look at yourself in the mirror in uniform they want to know if you're willing to put in, willing to slog yourself and put your all into being a soldier. Be honest, admit when you don't know something but tell them you'll find out the answer. Be yourself, you may be able to bluff your way in but you can't bluff your way through a whole career. Don't use strong language and definitely DON'T, call anyone mate.

Just seen you're from Wigan: Don't sit there eating pies and don't bang on about your shite RL team. You may wish to discuss Spurs though.
  13. So what part of that were you unable to figure out for yourself

Are you going Intelligence Corps by any chance :wink:
  14. Whats the difference between a 1st and 2nd interview? I never had a 2nd.
  15. This is somewhat reminiscent of my interview.

And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
    wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
    guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,
    KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and
    he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sergeant came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."