2nd date in Reading what to do?

Discussion in 'Lonely Hearts' started by orificecadet, Aug 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The title is self explantory, where do I take a nice girl in reading on a night out? I'm stumped for ideas.
    Any help much appreciated.

oC

2. Bin her she cannont be worth a night out in Reading

3. Take her to Richmond, lots of places to eat and hotel on the hill (if required)..

4. Shopping, girls love to shop and Reading's ok for shopping or and this would be my first choice, to a bar then back to yours

5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Give her a guided tour down the Oxford road, there are many fine sights to behold in the late evening...

6. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

There's Wellington Country park if you fancy a picnic (off the A33 South of Reading) it's got green stuff and deer(?) so just add champagne and chorizo and you're laughing.

Lunch is a good 1st and a half date - they have lunch in reading? - you get to find out sober and in daylight whether you actually like each other. If so you can meet up for a night out that night.

Find some live music. Gigs means less talking and more bouncy bouncy while holding plastic cups of beer. All of which rock.

Don't know any restaurants in reading. Move somewhere that isn't an arrsehole and I may be able to help.

7. Why don't you act like a Gentleman and take her into town? Rather than exposing the poor girl to country bumkins

8. Get yourself down the Madjeski!

9. Don't even bother, just invite her over for a home cooked meal. Buy a lasagne from an Italian restaurant, whack it in the oven, buy a bag of ready prepared salad and boil some new potatoes and get a cheap bottle of wine too.

She will be impressed and think you are a 21st century gentleman, the deception will be complete and you will get to ram your cock up her gary. Job done without having to waste time and cash on fancy restaurants or go into poncy trendy bars. 'Cos lets face it, you're only taking her out 'cos you want to shag her.

10. Most of the pubs in Reading are aimed at the lets get hammered crowd - although the Hobgoblin is great for real ale (only real ale my GF ever drinks is in there). Appart from the Oracle for the shopping and the run of the mill restuarants there are a couple of reasonable restuarants within half a mile of the Purple Turtle.

11. There are nice bars and places to eat around the oracle centre, you can take her down there and let her devide there's quite a bit of diversity.

12. Why Reading in particular?

13. Purple Turtle et al are rammed full of students.

If you hve a car and she has some class, there are some very nice pubs to the north of Reading and Henley is a pretty neat place with excellent pubs, a choice of restaurants and the river along which to walk.

You can then bang her in the woods which surround the place.

14. Purple Turtle is cr*p. Having lived in this god foresaken sh*t hole for 19 years I can quite conclusively say don't bother with the girl if she's from Reading.

But if you have to then it depends what you're looking for. There are 4 wetherspoons if you want to be tight (monks retreat, back of beyond, hope tab and ummm... another one). Along king's road there's bar casa and a couple of other posh bar type places and the replacement for the Hogshead (whatever it's called now) is alright as a pub. Avoid the pub/bars around the Oracle as they're all overpriced sh*te. For restaurants though stuff like the Yellow River Cafe in the Oracle are ok. Not much clubbing worth doing, but if she insists then purple turtle, fez club and a couple of others.

There's also some club/bar type places down Friar Street (highest concentration of pubs in the country apparently), which are mainly yuppie places, or trying to be. So you'll have to put up with arrogant young workers or chavs.

Help at all?

15. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Yeah, second henley.