2nd Bn Coldstream Guards swaggercane

Young hat20 has been given by his Grandmother a swaggercane silver topped with Coldstream Guards badge on it,the cane(3ft long) has 2 G- 57378-2CG cut/burnt into it.
The number an Officer's ? and could it date the stick? any Guardsmen throw some light perhaps.
Thanks

Hat20 said:
Young hat20 has been given by his Grandmother a swaggercane silver topped with Coldstream Guards badge on it,the cane(3ft long) has 2 G- 57378-2CG cut/burnt into it.
The number an Officer's ? and could it date the stick? any Guardsmen throw some light perhaps.
Thanks
Try the following site and if necessary follow-up with an e-mail enquiry to Coldstream Guards. Good hunting - although colloquially known in the Brigade of Guards as 'The Sheep Shaggers' - I am sure they will give you every assistance they can. :D

Out of interest, please post the final result here.

Ex-Grenadier said:
Hat20 said:
Thanks
Try the following site and if necessary follow-up with an e-mail enquiry to Coldstream Guards. Good hunting - although colloquially known in the Brigade of Guards as 'The Sheep Shaggers' - I am sure they will give you every assistance they can. :D

Out of interest, please post the final result here.
Many thanks,will do! will I get special treatment if I refer to them as 'Sheep Shaggers' :D

Hat20 said:
Many thanks,will do! will I get special treatment if I refer to them as 'Sheep Shaggers' :D
They'll probably invite you to RHQ and ask you to furnish them with a large pair of wellies - if you are invited to visit Coldstream RHQ, don't bend down to pick up a shiny coin or anything for that matter. :twisted: :twisted: