2nd award LS&GC

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by fiftiesfury, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone tell me how many years you need to be in the army before you receive the 2nd award LS&GC?
  2. 15 years from the first award.
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

4. It was hard enough to get my first. You would need some serious escape and evasion training to get your second one. :twisted:

Well done to anyone who has :D

I heard a while back that they were considering splitting it for all the bad boys out there, was there any truth in it. ie LS seperate to GC.
  5. Cheers for that I missed that thread.
  6. ????????????? where did the post by Isquared go must be seeing things
  7. THANK YOU> Blimey, I rang the medal office today to find out whether they had received my application becasue I hadn't heard anything and they said my clasp had been despatched on 27 Jun. Now I know we had a postal strike on Friday but I'm getting a bit worried cos I haven't received it yet but hopefully it will be here soon. THANK YOU to those who put me on to it, especially Legs, I would never have received it at all if it hadn't been for you all.
  8. Bloody hell CB, never fancied getting a real job? :D

Cap doffed old chap.
  9. Christ, I hope not. IMHO I think it will de-value the medal. It might not be a hero type warry thing, but I think it is valuable because of what it means.
  10. How many of you are in the same position as me. Joined when the qualifying period was 18 years from last regimental entry. As LCpl got bust and received such but still had 19 years to go. Rules changed to 15 years, refused to write letter of mitigation at 15 year point so no award despite (God only knows how) not getting caught again.
    Still believe no mitigation needed. Did it, got caught, got punished, learned not to get caught again!
  11. I had the option for a full presentation in No2's and hours of stood around waiting and a four hour drive or it do be posted. I had a nice cream bun and a coffee in the ACIO when I opened the jiffy bag a few years back in stead :D :D
  12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Old & bold getting the George Cross? :?
  13. Good Conduct me old mucker (never been caught) :wink: