2nd arrest in 2 years

Orite guys just a quick question. I'v passed ADSC and i'm due to start training in November. I got arrested on the weekend for fighting on the town, Its the second time this has happened, the first time being 2 years ago (caution, no fine). Will this cause any problems? Do i have to tell the ACIO. It was self defence so i wanted to contest (go to court) but i decided to take the £80 fine for affrey because i thought that could cause more problems if it didnt go my way. Have i done the right thing? Cheers WSP

From experience, I've found that if you're honest about something (in the Army) then they **** you just as much as if you were less honest. Therefore, mum's the word.

Think you could end up in a world of hurt mate specially because you have already admitted and taken the fine for affray, which is a lot worse than just fighting. But best bet would probably be to just let the AFCO know and see what happens. Could get lucky.

How about you just stop playing the hardman and keep out of trouble, is this a sign of how you'll be if your accepted and get through basic? ie, always in bother.

buryfc66 said:
How about you just stop playing the hardman and keep out of trouble, is this a sign of how you'll be if your accepted and get through basic? ie, always in bother.
Always in bother? I wouldnt exactly call it that!! Apart from these two incidents when a couple of pints has got a bit out of hand (the second time being self defence, not gunna bother going in to it) i've never been in trouble with the police, hardly a murderer am i? 8O :?

Still, i think its probably best to tell the ACIO and just pray that it doesnt ruin my chances....

Thanks for the replies all
WSP

I think fines can be unspent for 3 years...But I had fines for speeding which have now expired but they werent when applied! However driving and fighting may be seen in different light!

If the £80 fine was a Penalty Notice For Disorder then it can't be for Affray. It must be for either Drunk and Disorderly or Section 5 Public Order (Being a knob in public).

A PND is not a conviction or caution, it's an official bollocking costing £80.

I would fess up and just ask the staff.

Oh, and stop being a knob in public! :lol:

WelshSoldierPontypool said:
buryfc66 said:
Always in bother? I wouldnt exactly call it that!! Apart from these two incidents when a couple of pints has got a bit out of hand (the second time being self defence, not gunna bother going in to it) i've never been in trouble with the police, hardly a murderer am i? 8O :?

Still, i think its probably best to tell the ACIO and just pray that it doesnt ruin my chances....

WSP

So you admit to getting a bit punchy when you've had a drink,, both times resulting in Police involvement, you'll go far.

Admit all it can only go in your favour, be honest with the ACIO and in future just walk away, you'll be thankful the following morning.

buryfc66 said:

WSP
A gobby Welsh tw*t that can't hold his drink, don't waste the Army's time. Move to Bridgend.

buryfc66 said:

WSP
Tell all to the Careers advisor, tell them you accepted the affray caution as it would be less drawn out time-wise as you didn't want a court case, guilty or not guilty, to delay your training.

Now here is the main bit of advice;

Run quicker and don't get caught next time you dozzy bugga! :) I'm not going to say 'don't do it again' like some of the feckin do-gooders on here, just stop getting caught.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Orite guys just a quick question. I'v passed ADSC and i'm due to start training in November. I got arrested on the weekend for fighting on the town, Its the second time this has happened, the first time being 2 years ago (caution, no fine). Will this cause any problems? Do i have to tell the ACIO. It was self defence so i wanted to contest (go to court) but i decided to take the £80 fine for affrey because i thought that could cause more problems if it didnt go my way. Have i done the right thing? Cheers WSP
Just stay out of The George - The Winning Horse - The Globe - The White Hart - The Yew Tree - The Masons Arms - The New Moon and The Royal Oak and that's just for starters.

Don't end a career that could take you out of that sh1thole before you have even started it you complete coxk!

I've been watching you - get back on line before you lose it all.

CC_TA said:
buryfc66 said:

WSP
Tell all to the Careers advisor, tell them you accepted the affray caution as it would be less drawn out time-wise as you didn't want a court case, guilty or not guilty, to delay your training.

Now here is the main bit of advice;

Run quicker and don't get caught next time you dozzy bugga! :) I'm not going to say 'don't do it again' like some of the feckin do-gooders on here, just stop getting caught.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
this bloke has spoke the most sense on this thread everyone had a bit of bother here and there, but heres a couple of rules that will help you out when dealing with our fine police force

1.DONT get caught (run forrest run!)

2.blame it on the other person

3.deny deny deny

dont worry yourself about it just be honest and curb the anger after a few and youll be fine good luck withit all even though you wont need it

If it was me i'd probably go tell the afco, if they find out at a later date then it might be worse. Nothing outrageous about getting in a skirmish at the weekend, you haven't commited a major crime, and were i live you can be garaunteed to see squaddies fighting every week.

Bit of an update for you guys. I've had a better look at my fine and it looks like I've got away with the affray charge, it's just a Section 5 (being a tawat in public as someone pointed out). Totally agree with you all though, self defence or not it wasnt a clever move a month before training. I would have legged it but i trusted the old bill to sort it out, i should have known better i suppose!! Wannabe rifleman your right squaddies are known for loving a good scrap, the difference is i suppose i'm still a civvy an hav'nt proven my worth (yet!!!) I'm gunna stay off the booze until I've passed out, this little incident was a bit too close for comfort.

There's a Sgt Maj out there who's going to love a G1 frightmare like you comeing in through the door.

chocolate_frog said:
There's a Sgt Maj out there who's going to love a G1 frightmare like you comeing in through the door.
That maybe true, but think how boring Sgt Maj's/Discipline Sgt's lives would be if it wasn't for people like Welshy and Muppet's like myself playing up and enjoying life.

Most people do it but manage not to get caught, if you do get caught own up and take the consequences. (Then let your mates know the real story and how much trouble you would have been in if you had been caught ten minutes earlier.) :)