2nd application into Logistics corp help??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Danger_M_, Jul 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am 26 have today been to my army careers office to re apply back into the logistics corp. I was previously in phase 1 of training in 2001 and 18 years of age, I used my DAOR after 50 days service as thought I was in love at the time during my training, have regretted doing this all my days.

They have advised me that they shall send my details to Pirbright who shall then reach a decision to decide if they shall want me back there?

I was discharged as "exemplerary" and was noted down on my file as an above average soldier.

I parted on good terms with my Lance Sergeant and Corporal whom I looked up to very much. I would also like to join on good terms again would this be the case? LOL

I have thought long and hard about this for a long time and I am sure this is the army is the life for me.

Any ideas or suggestions on how long it willtake for the regiment to get back to me with a decision? How long if im accepted back will it take for me to get back in? Will my application be fast tracked back?

Any info regarding the above is well appreciated

David

2. I think you'll have to do the entire application process again from scratch seems though it's been a good few years since you were in. There a lot of people re-joining these days so it could take you a good while to get a start date.

Your recruiter will send off a letter to Glasgow to confirm that you are eligible to join again, and then you'll be able to start the application process again, and go through it like everyone else joining.

But I think the logistics are one of the least full which is a good thing, along with the royal signals. Once you get the all clear you can expect a typical, average wait time for your application.

I'm a re-enlister from the Royal Marines. My recruiter sent my letter off to see if I could join in December I think it was. I got the confirmation a month later that I could join and thats when I started the application process. And my start date is 3rd August, so it roughly will be around 9 months in total, including the wait for the all clear.

3. Hi Thanks for the quick response !

The Glasgow army careers office have sent my details back down to Pirbright to see if they will accept me again, does this mean my application hopefully being fast tracked or shall I have to re apply from start again once they have given the go ahead.

I thought I would have been able to go straight back in quicker than the full re application, im eager to get stuck right into my training this time and give it my all again.

David

4. Do you know which trade you want to go for in the Loggies?

I only ask because at this time many are full. You seem very literate and mature, which is a benefit in some trades. AT for example.

Good luck

5. How strange, I was in the exact same situation as yourself, I completed phase one in 2001 at pirbright then came out, I re-enlisted some years later back to the RLC I had to complete selection and phase one again from day one, to be honest with you though mate, if your experience is anything like mine you will fly through CMSR again. The NCO's seem to look on people of a more mature age with a bit more regard. With your past experience the others will look upto you for help and guidance sometimes, something you should relish, best of luck with your 203 mate

6. There are x2 trades that interest me very much within logistics "Petroleum Operator" "Driver Railway Operator"

I have done some furher education at night college and stuff whilst working full time for an internanional energy company, gaining professional training qualifications in CIPD.

7. PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: 2nd application into Logistics corp help??
    How strange, I was in the exact same situation as yourself, I completed phase one in 2001 at pirbright then came out, I re-enlisted some years later back to the RLC I had to complete selection and phase one again from day one, to be honest with you though mate, if your experience is anything like mine you will fly through CMSR again. The NCO's seem to look on people of a more mature age with a bit more regard. With your past experience the others will look upto you for help and guidance sometimes, something you should relish, best of luck with your 203 mate

Thanks this has given me a breath of fresh air that there are good chances of me getting into phase 1 again pretty soon. Did you go right back to stage one of your application before entering phase 1 for the second time i.e having to re apply, sit your BARB test again, ASDC and do your fitness and medical test etc from scratch again?

Thanks for your help !

David