2kg post petition

#2
Damm right. I send a fair amount on occasiions, I dont begrudge paying for the goodies, but it does rile me that I have to pay postage, I would still send them any way, but without paying postage I could send more
 
#3
I agree entirely. I tried to send a bunch of magazines to the boys in Basra and had to half the amount I could send. Not good.
 
#4
Lets not forget these parcels are flown in! The heavier the packages the less that can be sent! All you need to do is send 2 packages instead of thus double the opening pleasure of the recipient!
 
#5
meiktilaman said:
Lets not forget these parcels are flown in! The heavier the packages the less that can be sent! All you need to do is send 2 packages instead of thus double the opening pleasure of the recipient!
And costing me nearly £30 - couldn't afford that
 
#6
Whilst I applaud your good intentions, the money has to come from somewhere.
The budget is tight, and if we spend it all shipping unrestricted quantities of porn and confectionery, there will be no capacity left to ship war material.
 
#7
sandmanfez said:
Whilst I applaud your good intentions, the money has to come from somewhere.
The budget is tight, and if we spend it all shipping unrestricted quantities of porn and confectionery, there will be no capacity left to ship war material.
War "material"? I thought porn and confectionary were war materiel?
 
#8
Cuddles said:
sandmanfez said:
Whilst I applaud your good intentions, the money has to come from somewhere.
The budget is tight, and if we spend it all shipping unrestricted quantities of porn and confectionery, there will be no capacity left to ship war material.
War "material"? I thought porn and confectionary were war materiel?
Touche mon amis.
 
#10
TartanJock said:
If the Americans can get the boy's mail out to them free of charge why can't this country do it for those on active service?
I worked with the Aussies in Iraq, their mail is all free. We ar behind the times.
 
#11
If this crap government stopped spending money on illegal immigrants , treatment for druggies and alcoholics and started hanging criminals instead of keeping them in comfort there would be plenty of money to pay for sending necessities to deployment areas . About time they got the priorities right
 
#12
TartanJock said:
If the Americans can get the boy's mail out to them free of charge why can't this country do it for those on active service?
It's because the Americans don't treat their forces personnel as second class individuals.
 
#13
OldTimer said:
If this crap government stopped spending money on illegal immigrants , treatment for druggies and alcoholics and started hanging criminals instead of keeping them in comfort there would be plenty of money to pay for sending necessities to deployment areas . About time they got the priorities right
Does that include druggies and alcoholics and and criminals who were once soldiers - those who have slipped through societies fingers perhaps because of their experiences.
 
#14
sandmanfez said:
Cuddles said:
sandmanfez said:
Whilst I applaud your good intentions, the money has to come from somewhere.
The budget is tight, and if we spend it all shipping unrestricted quantities of porn and confectionery, there will be no capacity left to ship war material.
War "material"? I thought porn and confectionary were war materiel?
Touche mon amis.
Surely you mean touche mon ami?? Touche! I was drunk and pedantic last night but this morning merely pedantic but with evil wind and the Guinness sh1ts...a powerful mix I think you will find!
 
#16
Mixed views from this call sign.

In principle I feel that personnel on Ops, or more importantly there friends family etc shoudl be able to sent goodies etc out to Op environments. However my understanding is that at present when we pay postage we pay only for the goods to go from the post office / post box to Mill Hill and then the MoD picks up the tab at that point. Therefore the current system could be far worse.

However, I do feel that Christmas (my god, talking about the fat man in the red suit already) is a time when postage costs must be waived.

Rather than spending yet more of a defence budget which is being spread in too many directions already on sweets / magazines and decent tea bags being sent to Mill Hill I woudl rather see the money spent else where (Single Soliders Living Accommodation being my vote, and for what it is worth I'm a pad).

ps. Blueys remain free!
 
#17
Modfather said:
Mixed views from this call sign.

In principle I feel that personnel on Ops, or more importantly there friends family etc shoudl be able to sent goodies etc out to Op environments. However my understanding is that at present when we pay postage we pay only for the goods to go from the post office / post box to Mill Hill and then the MoD picks up the tab at that point. Therefore the current system could be far worse.

However, I do feel that Christmas (my god, talking about the fat man in the red suit already) is a time when postage costs must be waived.
Rather than spending yet more of a defence budget which is being spread in too many directions already on sweets / magazines and decent tea bags being sent to Mill Hill I woudl rather see the money spent else where (Single Soliders Living Accommodation being my vote, and for what it is worth I'm a pad).

ps. Blueys remain free!
Christmas parcels were sent for free for about 6 weeks
 
#18
Sigh, fighting a conflict is'nt just for Christmas, I send stuff all year round, It's a shame there isnt a scheme where one could drop off boxes at a local MOD site for onward transmission, more to the point it's a shame I have to send stuff.
WW
 

Latest Threads