299 Para

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Trackchamp, Jan 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello chaps

New to the site and looking for some sensible information about 299, as concidering joining.

I am an ex RE regular, but been out 9 years, now 36 but still in fair shape.

Just looing for info from anyone who has joined on how the course is run, number of weekends, do you have to do any kind of CIC like the 4 Para chaps, how P Coy build is carried, how long etc etc

Cheers

2. As you will always find on this site, the best way to get the information is to get down to the unit and speak to the Training Team, they will be able to give you the full run down on arduous training, what it entails and also the plan of events for the course.

Where do you live ?

3. Warrington, was wondering if i may be able do recruit course locally then transfer over to wakefield for pre para training

4. If you live in warrington, wakefield will be the place to go to join. You would be best to go there straight away due to your age, you need to get in asap.

What experience do you have ??

Once you have been in the PTI's will be able to asses your fitness and give you an indication to what you need to do to get prepared for P Company, from there they will steer you in the right direction to get you started as a recruit.

Tuesday night is the drill night, give them a call on Monday and they should take down any details and at least give you an indication to what you will be asked to do.

5. msr

msr LE

You may like to speak to 4 PARA at St Helens.

msr

6. If its your experience in the Engineers that you can build on then 299 will be perfect. But if its pure soldiering you want to be involved in, the 4 Para will be closer. I understand that at 299 they are looking for some experienced sappers for wakefield, as this is the location that re roled from the LI.

7. Thanks for the help chaps