29 Nov 19: London Bridge sealed off amid reports of gunfire . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
And despite all that effort , academic participation, cost, it has failed.
Spectacularly , and bitten on the hand by whom it was feeding.

I understand the need for PERSEC but names are not really needed.
If there is a policy, and therefore a program of rehabilitation, it must be able to prove its success rate in numbers and percentages.

And the organisation that does it should be accountable for their decisions.
To ensure further funding I'd have thought they'd be falling over themselves to provide stats demonstrating success or failure. Something tangible at least which can be fed back in to sentencing guidelines. PERSEC shouldn't feature in stats.

I repeat-the number of police officers had absolutely no impact on the deadly events of Friday 29 November.
I've not said they had.

Not that you can be so certain, now you come to mention it.

IIRC there used to be a permanent Police presence on tbe bridge a few years ago during the Republican terror campaign.

I don't believe that it's as adult as that: he has woven himself a small universe whereby he 'wins' whenever he pokes 'gammons' (whatever they are) and shows them up for the closed-minded and reactionary closet Nazis that they are.

That his strategy is to automatically gainsay whatever pops up next is neither here nor there: he 'wins' . . . hahaha.

Apparently.
I'm not really sure what you are going on about here.

It seems to be a little off topic.

In fairness to @Belter_Belter, he probably did read them.

Being able to understanding them is a whole different ballgame.
You seem to be very concerned about me lately.

Can you keep the insults to the poo poo thread?

Arts funding stops terrorism apparently. Who knew eh?

The average criminal, let alone hardened offender or fanatical terrorist must just take one look at these people and see a massive flashing sign on their heads saying mug.
Excuse me Sir, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord Jesus and his innovative approach to wealth distribution?

Despite his claims, it looks like Johnson may not have voted against the early release amendment after all.

BBC News - London Bridge attack: Did Boris Johnson vote against early prisoner release?

Most interesting comments this morning, from one Hanif Khadir (Sp?) a former Al Qaida recruit now apparently on the deradicalisation programme in S London - ‘Today’, Radio 4, at 1h 53:00 in, for 5mins.
He details measures that should have been in place and people on the programme can not be trusted: “by nature and by default, these individuals are devious and manipulative ... they don’t trust you, so why should you trust them ... “
It’s worth listening to.

I've not said they had.
Except that you did:

*snippity*
2. Reduced Police numbers where mentioned in tbe round.

Quite rightly. Huge cuts u der TM.
Not that you can be so certain, now you come to mention it.

IIRC there used to be a permanent Police presence on tbe bridge a few years ago during the Republican terror campaign.
And?

The presence of Police on London Bridge that day would have had little or no bearing on the initial events of Friday. The murders of the two civilians took place inside Fishmongers Hall: the only death outside that venue was that of Khan.

I've not seen that.

What I have seen, is the poor soul despising and decrying those who try to use his son's death for their own, hate filled purposes purposes.

Like you.

Both Jack and his father suffered/suffer from the same delusion, this being that 'society has turned it's back on criminals'. The reality is the complete opposite, and society has absolutely no need or obligation to get them facing the same way.

longhair

Clanker
‘Today’, Radio 4, at 1h 53:00 in, for 5mins.
It’s worth listening to.
It certainly is.

Any suggestions for an MP3 host to upload a 5min snippet , so that people don't have to jump through all the BBC gatekeeping? I have the whole 3 hours as an mp3 and it's a bit unwieldy, but can easily trim it to the relevant bit.

People will argue this is overly harsh, i argue that its absolutely necessary to protect the public. Those who wish to kill deserve no sympathy.
Saw this a while back. The Governor (of prison No.56!) said Russia's worst possible criminals were in his jail.
In his view, the death sentence was the better solution.
Apparently, when Death Row was kicked and 25 years sentences imposed, a good few did themselves in.....one in under 4 hours. Unlikely a large number of them can or will do 25 years..so it's a living death sentence.
Seems reasonable.

It certainly is.

Any suggestions for an MP3 host to upload a 5min snippet , so that people don't have to jump through all the BBC gatekeeping? I have the whole 3 hours as an mp3 and it's a bit unwieldy, but can easily trim it to the relevant bit.
YouTube it, then link it.

It certainly is.

I just went back on the BBC Radio iPlayer app.

Incorrect. You should know full well that you cannot apply the law retrospectively. Khan was sentenced to a DPP (I got it wrong when I said IPP, but they are essentially the same thing) Detention for Public Protection with a minimum tariff of 8 years in 2012 having been arrested and charged in 2010.

That sentence was quashed by the Court of Appeal. That court substituted a determinate sentence of 16 years plus an additional 5 years on licence as part of an extended sentence.

How on earth can his early realise possibly be the responsibility of this government? He was sentenced under law brought in by a Labour government. He had the sentence changed by the Court of Appeal. He was being managed by the Probation Service - it's not the government who do this.

Tell me, how was it possible for the Conservative government (partly in coalition with the Lib Dems for 5 years) to affect Khan's sentence?
As I understand it, it’s the automatic release at the half way point that could have been changed by the government in power for the last 9.5 years.

Johnson is campaigning on doing just that if he is elected. I understand that IPP or whatever it is called, is outside the control of the govt.

Saw this a while back. The Governor (of prison No.56!) said Russia's worst possible criminals were in his jail.
In his view, the death sentence was the better solution.
Apparently, when Death Row was kicked and 25 years sentenceus imposed, a good few did themselves in.....one in under 4 hours.
Seems reasonable.
Whatever they charge, I'm certain that we could save money and a lot of aggivation . . . if we used them as subcontractors, and - sent them our worst/ most hopeless convicts!! ;) .

1. It was yet another example of a low attempt at political point scoring.

2. Given that reduced Police numbers had little or nothing to do with the events of the day, I'd say that she wildly missed her mark. She was wrong.
The privatisation fiasco with the Probation Service that cost £500 million and impacted on offender management is worthy of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads