29 Fld Sqn

I was in 29 from '88 - '91. I know there were a few reunions sorted out after that by Joe P*****on and Scouse Rob**ts years ago. Does anyone know if they are planned for the future? Cheers Don

not in 29 around those dates BUT spent a lot of time in their bar, after stumbling out of our bar, 37 fd sqn (87-90) lot of good guys around then........polly,oz, the omen, steve s**l, m**k b****ll, n**l p**z*r, etc etc.

ended up back in hameln in 94 where lo & behold i spent 4+ years in 29 because i was not allowed to go back into 37 fd sqn. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
not in 29 around those dates BUT spent a lot of time in their bar, after stumbling out of our bar, 37 fd sqn (87-90) lot of good guys around then........polly,oz, the omen, steve s**l, m**k b****ll, n**l p**z*r, etc etc.

ended up back in hameln in 94 where lo & behold i spent 4+ years in 29 because i was not allowed to go back into 37 fd sqn. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Saw Oz last year at Brize Norton while he was on a cse, Polly & the Omen both dead! Polly knocked over in the UK and the Omen in Thailand where he was working. RIP

HALO_Patrol said:

Saw Oz last year at Brize Norton while he was on a cse, Polly & the Omen both dead! Polly knocked over in the UK and the Omen in Thailand where he was working. RIP
good men lost, they will be bridging & playing euchre upstairs now or perhaps down below in the omen's case...................RIP.

poorwelshman said:
Was in 29 same time as you Don. You're not the mad axeman by any chance.

RIP Polly and Omen
Yes It's me! Damn that bar stool! Now which Welshman is this? My email's on the pm button.

did "snowqueen" with oz & spent the langlauf part of it peeling spuds because we could not be arsed putting any effort into skiing with the hangovers from hell after a night down sonthoffen in "alpinas".

good times.

Was in 29 from 91-93 in NP's troop, imagine my surprise to see him in the sandy place back in '03. He had been called back up and was working with GF the RSM at the time. I left in '02 and been in the sandy place working since early '03.

desertdoc said:
Was in 29 from 91-93 in NP's troop, imagine my surprise to see him in the sandy place back in '03. He had been called back up and was working with GF the RSM at the time. I left in '02 and been in the sandy place working since early '03.
N--l P--z-- was my tp stripey when i joined in 86 top man. :D :D :D :D

desertdoc said:
N--l P--z-- was my tp stripey when i joined in 86 top man. :D :D :D :D
I agree AKTTE top bloke, he was my Tp Recce when I was in 2 TP. One of the old school, hard but fair.

hi all...i just read this post...i know its an oldie :biggrin:

i was in 29 from 91 to 96. started down stairs with the sigs and ended up in dave p...ce's troop. anyone around from that time?

biscuit

In it now and its still going strong

Sorry to hear about Polly and the Omen, they were bloody good lads, just had a look at the old faces from my NI Sqn photo at the Maze. My stint was longer than most though, 4 COs! Started to think I was part of the equipment table.
Started out in Kev H.....gs gang (2TP) ended up as Sqn Res Spec.

was in 29 from 94-99 cream of the corps

in Mt troop with t~~~y b~~~~e troop staffy who was one of the fittest blokess i had ever met

fatattack said:
was in 29 from 94-99 cream of the corps

in Mt troop with t~~~y b~~~~e troop staffy who was one of the fittest blokess i had ever met
he was my MT stripey at berlin & then we both moved to 29 together. not very good at looking after his rifle in BATUS i seem to remember though :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Red_Dragon Army Reserve 16
C Sappers 0
D Sappers 8