29 commando.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
The simple answer to the one question you successfully managed, there, is: "No". Expanded,, "No, they're not with SFSG". This will give you the information you need: 29 Commando Royal Artillery

29 CDO RA come under 3 CDO BDE, SFSG ( predominantly 1 PARA with a Coy of RM and an element of RAF Reg ) come under the UKSF, they might have blokes from RA attached as FOO/FST element (possible 148, but not as a battery

Reading up about 29 commando role seen that they complete the AACC and are based all over are these with SFSG curious as 148 meiktila are based RM Poole
Each unit on the 3 Cdo Bde OrBat has a recce element that frequently work together as the Brigade Patrol Troop or whatever it may be called now, FOOs ASRMs MLs etc

And AIUI 148 Bty are on their way out of Poole.

I think they did AACC as a warm up first then Weekend off then P coy
I asked the same question when I was with them in the 1970's - particularly as though AACC is seen as an adequate preparation for the jumps course. Went to the 148 reunion in September and there appears to have been a reprieve on the move out of Poole, although I believe that 29 are still slotted to move out of The Citadel. I didn't know that they had stopped doing P Company - when did that happen?

I didn't know that they had stopped doing P Company - when did that happen?
When someone (quite sensibly) realised that putting already dagger'd up bods through an extra phase was utterly needless? AACC, Hills and FMD passes are exempt P Coy - and have been for quite some time.

Not a bad thing - a guy who passes AACC then gets crocked on P Company and cannot then join the unit is a waste of resourses (and yes it did happen quite often). I don't think that AACC then weekend off and P Company is viable due to the scheduling of courses by both - you could wait a considerable time between finishing the AACC and a P Company starting and vice versa.

Not a bad thing - a guy who passes AACC then gets crocked on P Company and cannot then join the unit is a waste of resourses (and yes it did happen quite often). I don't think that AACC then weekend off and P Company is viable due to the scheduling of courses by both - you could wait a considerable time between finishing the AACC and a P Company starting and vice versa.
I think @skymacuk was just being silly in response to my own equally silly post.