28years tonight

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pararegtom, May 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

It,s gone so quickly, Goose Green 28th May 1982 . RIP all those lads,who wont be coming home. And raise your glasses tonight in memory of the fallen. of all Arms from the conflict.

Unitrique Paratus
  2. Nice one Tom.RIP to them all.
  3. Thirded. :salut:
  4. Is it really so long already?

RIP to the lads of all capbadges and services.
  5. Crikey 28 years, where has that gone???

Great shout Tom,

Arte et Marte
  6. So you do have an heart?.'poofter'. :)
  7. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

you tell me , I think im still 22 8O
  8. indeed , this was the war that inspired me to join up as a lad , i did too and served 14 years, God rest all the fallen. R I P
  9. Good Call, ditto!

Out of interest, how many on ARRSE where down there in 1982? Just looking through my piccies now, where did the last 28 years go? Like you mate, I still feel 20. Down in there in 82, 83, and again in 84.
  10. I remember all of this on tv as a young kid. As schoolboys we loved it! But of course we were ignorant of the human cost, God bless the fallen and well done to 2 PARA for putting the Great back in Great Britain our first land victory of the campaign. RIP to the fallen and respect to the vets specially those who bore scars afterwards.
  11. I wasn't really around then, but want to raise a glass for all who served there, and another for those who aren't coming back.

Thanks guys
  12. RIP, and respect to all those that fought.

A_D, just out of curiosity, Im assuming that returning there in 83 and 84 was to garrison the islands?

Seems harsh that the units sent for that duty were the ones that fought, I would have thought that the guys wouldn't have wanted to return so soon, bringing back bad memories and the such?
  13. Will raise a glass tonight.
  14. Those of us who didn't go south in '82 were immensely proud of what you and your colleagues achieved.

Well done and fondly remembered.

15. As support arms, after 82, we where not subject to unit postings, but rather individual tours. So on return we where at the mercy of manning and records, and for me my first turnaround was 4 months after returning back to my parent unit. Spent my subsequent tours in Port San Carlos, Ajax, and Fox Bay, with a jolly back to S. Georgia. I have promised myself that I will go back one more time.

NB. Just to add, that as a support arm, I have nothing but admiration for the achievments of the teeth arms in 82, good shits every last one!.