Discussion in 'Sappers' started by buggrit, May 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was just chatting to someone at work today regarding the future of the site Im at now. Now, he told me that 28 might be coming here, that surprised me considering the last I heard 28 were still amph. He said no, they were now 28 Commando Engineer Regiment and they are coming to this site in UK (sorry for the vagueness, but opsec an all)

Anyone shed any light on this for me? Would be great to be back amongst Engineers again.

2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Any hints as to where you are now??

The new Cdo Regt is 24. 28 is no longer fully Amph, but is still in Germany.

3. Surfing capital of Britain, also been called British Ibiza. mainly full of drunk tw@ts in fancy dress and fat tourists. Nice county though :) hehe kinda gives it away.

Its local news anyway, RAF are saying bye bye from St MAwgan in Newquay, but we're being kept in the dark as to whats happening here...apart from some stuff but that IS opsec.

4. and still sh1te. 8O :wink: 8O :wink:

35 was always the real regt in hameln. :wink: :D :wink: :D

5. Well Im happy to say I wasnt amph :wink: I was one of the lucky few to get one of the few knocker positions in Recce Troop :p

6. 35 used to run like hell when went doon toon.... kin knockers! 8O :wink:

7. I think there should a regiment in Scotland, and possibly Wales. Just a random thought.

8. A random thought? from NT....well I never.

9. Spoken like a true gentleman of SuntelStasse :wink:

10. 28 is staying in Hameln for the foreseeable future. Certain elements are re-roling to become part of 11 Lt Bde for ops over the next couple of years.

11. I think he must have got mixed up with 24 Commando. Well, if its true I pity Newquay. However it will be nice to see some of the munters the lads book in for the night. Its been boring since the rock apes have gone.

12. Does nyone know or remember BH the RSM in about the mid 80's ?

13. Yeah the RSM of 28 was alright or so I heard. Never had much to do with him myself as if I saw him I'd suddenly remember I had somewhere else to go and about turn and **** off double quick time lol!

14. He was a tall thin Jock who was apparently thrown out for threatening the CO with a pistol