28 years for soldiers who sold ammo

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Conductor, Oct 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found this on the web:

The Royal Regt Of Scotland Sells Ammo

EXPLOSIVES

A judge yesterday (27 Oct 08) called on the Army to hold an "urgent inquiry" after jailing three soldiers for stealing explosives, detonators and grenades to sell to drugs gangs.

Mr Justice Sir Robert Akenhead told Maidstone crown court Col Sgt Garry Graham, 37, L/Cpl Martyn Fitzsimmons, 28, and Sgt Kieran Campbell, 27, had "betrayed" their country.

Fitzsimmons and Graham were each jailed for 12 years and Campbell, who gave evidence against the others, for four. The munitions went to Glasgow gangs. Army bullets found in raids are thought to have been stolen by others.

The trio served with the Royal Regiment of Scotland, at Howe Barracks in Canterbury, Kent.

[hr]

How was this allowed to happen? Are standards now this low? :x

2. This was covered last week.

3. Oh sorry, only just spotted the article in the Mirror, it was dated 28 Oct 08. If I had realised it was old news, i would not have posted it. :(

4. And it looks like its being covered again!!!!

What are you the Arrse quality control Police???

5. it's f'ck'ing shocking gentlemen

6. Oooooh. Wrong side of the bed this morning?

7. Dam was hoping for a bite.......... :twisted:

8. Sorry....good mood today :)

9. + smoke grenades, asif the army wasn't short in supply as it is!

10. I heard some kid on the bus the other day saying his mate from RHA nicks smoke grenades from Woolwich Garrison and gives them out to his civvy mates. Should have apprehended the ****** really but there was a fair few of them.

11. Great if they got caught, you should have got his name and got him fecked.

12. What?

"I'm nicking you because one of youe mates might have taken some smoke grenades but actually it might just be a story?" ( thump, bash, smash, BL goes to A&E... )

Are you *totally* stupid?