28 Year Old Re Joining

Mr Haye

Swinger
I pulled out of basic training when i was 21 because of family issues, but i have always wanted to go back in. Just a question concerning BMI, im 5ft9 and 14.4 stone and hardly any fat,the careers office keep pushing me to lose the extra weight even though its very hard losing solid muscle. Is there any way around this?

At 28 i feel much fitter stronger than i did at 21 and my 1.5 mile is 9 minutes, medically fit and never get injury's.

Also what length of service could i realistically do joining at my age, and is there many late joiners nowadays.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
@Ho2331 is a PT and @UkSam1990 says he lost a lot of bulk in recent times for just the same reasons as you.

I bet they both say the same thing - just stop stuffing your face like a bodybuilder and start training endurance and your body will respond accordingly.

9 minutes is a good time, so don't sweat it too much.

U

UkSam1990

@Ho2331 is a PT and @UkSam1990 says he lost a lot of bulk in recent times for just the same reasons as you.

I bet they both say the same thing - just stop stuffing your face like a bodybuilder and start training endurance and your body will respond accordingly.

9 minutes is a good time, so don't sweat it too much.

When I applied back in October 2013 I was 16 stone 10 pounds and now I am 12 stone 2 pounds.

I had to stop bodybuilding andeating 6-7 meals day and reduce to 3 meals per day. I was eating in excess of 4,000kcal before, then I to base it around my BMR and make sure I ate less.

Start running regulary and drop the weight training but keep to body weight exercises such as press ups, sit ups, pull ups, dips etc.

I am no where near as bulky but I still have a good physique and am sure that the weight loss will make Catterick and smoother ride than carrying all that extra muscle.

Summary: As Drivers_Lag said stop scoffing so much and start running more :)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads