28 Weeks Later - well worth watching!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Taz_786, May 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just saw this and it is bloody good, almost as good as the original.

Six months after the Rage virus outbreak, the Infected have all died out due to starvation and Britain is being reconstructed by the US military.

However one survivor still carries the virus and without going into too much detail it all kicks off once again, inside the protected "Green Zone" :wink: .

The whole film is a pure adrenaline rush...great acting , great soundtrack, plenty of frights, plenty of gore and again the shots of a deserted London are very realistic and disturbing.

There's this scene where panicked US snipers cant distinguish between the Infected and civilians which I found really visceral.

The last scenes are quite funny, all nicely set up for the final part of the trilogy, 28 Months Later, which im looking forward to.

Well worth watching if you've seen the original or are a fan of survivalist horror!

In fact id put it down as one of the films of the year, its better than most of the other dross out there at the mo.

4 out of 5.
  2. I'm going to go see it as soon as I get a chance. It's a shame Cillian Murphy didn't want to be in it.
  3. I thought 28 Days later was a bit disappointing, it could have been so much better.

Why were the soldiers portrayed as a bunch of psycos?

Why was were their 'defences' that they'd supposedly been preparing for weeks so crap?

I hope the new one is an improvement.
  4. Yeah I see your point however you could argue the same about 'Dog Soldiers'...

Or 'Making Waves'.....
  5. Really looking forward to seeing this.
    I understand points about the first one but still thought it was bloody good.
  6. True, true.........

I love 'end of the World' scenarios though, so I will be watching the film anyway (even if some things about it will annoy the Hell out of me).

John Wyndham was the king of the genre though.
  7. I think the point was that despite being a uniformed, disciplined service the soldiers were terrified out of their minds the same as everyone else.

Oh yeah and one of the main characters looks like Jessica Alba in 10 years time, very nice!
  8. The shots of a ravaged Britain are so realistic, they really pushed buttons in me.

No other film has done that to me as of yet.

In fact I felt quite emotional, left the cinema feeling patriotic for some reason.
  9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

What was that movie with Mr. NRA????? The Omega Man, similar genre. I've heard people say this is better than the first movie; has some well known artsy spanish director on the job and is higher budget than the first...
  10. Whoa! Stop! Not a word should be said against the film of pure cheese and corn that is Dog Soldiers :1:
  11. "There is no Spoon" - utter, total genius. Shippers, wind it in :D
  12. You wind your neck in-I don't take orders from Gwas....
  13. I would if I could find it :(
  14. Agreed, 28 Weeks Later is a good movie and well worth watching!
    According to the reviews i have read, 28 Days Later was made on a comparative shoe string budget budget compared to the big bucks spent on 28 Weeks Later.
  15. Just watched 28 days tonight - what a rush. Even better than Dog Soldiers (which was hilarious). Lookin forward to 28 Weeks

If you go down the woods alone.........