28 Regt moving?

Anybody got some intel as to where 28 (currently Hameln) are moving to?

Duty rumour heard today is that they are re-roling as Air Support and moving back to the UK, to either Grantham or more likely RAF Scampton.

My concern is that I am now a weak willed civvie and live about 4 miles from Scampton. My village has 1 pub, and whilst an influx of "Gods Finest Hairy arrsers" will un-doubtably seem like a lottery pay out to the landlords, I have a daughter to consider and I don't need her being violated by filthy Wedge cock.

Also all the bars in Lincoln are chocca with student totty types, so no room for any "Zulu Warrior" shenanigans.

PWOG Bks is the better option.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
can't you just lock up your daughter then rent her out by the hour like the rest of the locals do?

We have been waiting on an announcement about 14 Sigs moving since Dec. Apparently we are finding out on Thursday.

28 are going, struck from the ORBAT. The final Hameln weekend and freedom parade is the 06 Jul this year

I suppose it's more dignified than being relocated to Gib Bks and splashing about in Hawley lake.

28 are going, struck from the ORBAT. The final Hameln weekend and freedom parade is the 06 Jul this year
So Miss NS will be free to trawl our village streets and get safely shitfaced with her mates then, without fear of Wedge molestation. When she's atleast 13.

Thanks CAARPS.

During the freedom parade a Piper will appear and lead all of 28 into a secret cavern in the Hills...never to be seen again!

Wow. Best dig out my old 23 Sqn sweatshirt (light blue with black silhouette of a pie filling) might be worth a bob or two soon.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Wow. Best dig out my old 23 Sqn sweatshirt (light blue with black sillhouette of a pie filling) might be worth a bob or two soon.
I have my 45 Sqn T Shirt, sweatshirt and drinks coaster. Not forgetting my working 'Tommy' Traction Engine.

My concern is that I am now a weak willed civvie and live about 4 miles from Scampton. My village has 1 pub, and whilst an influx of "Gods Finest Hairy arrsers" will un-doubtably seem like a lottery pay out to the landlords, I have a daughter to consider and I don't need her being violated by filthy Wedge cock.
I bet your local is a bit lively (not) with these current residents

"The Station acts as parent organisation to 3 resident units, namely the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team (RAFAT), No 1 Air Control Centre (1ACC) and the Mobile Meteorological Unit (MMU). As independent units each have a specific mission to fulfill, which when taken together result in the delivery of a significant defence diplomacy and operational output for this station."

Talk about badass mofos or what? I bet the bar is jumping with tales of extreme scope-doping and cloud watching.

The station website gets better...

"RAF Scampton is proud to serve as home of this world-famous aerobatic team and their commitment to excellence in the air, which is why they make such vital use of the surrounding airspace in their preparations for their annual Display Season."

This is PR doublespeak for

"We couldn't give a flying F@#k about the local population. We'll bally well fly around on full reheat whilst burning coloured diesel in the jet pipe to make pretty smoke trails as much as we want without a care in the world."

Why on earth did you settle there Nobby? Is your mum your sister and do you high six your mates down the boozer?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lordfelcher RLC 42
Ventress Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 4
P Aviation 13