28 Moving to Scotland!

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by hurrahfortheRE, Nov 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I may be really, really behind the times here, but a few years ago I heard a rumour.

The same rumour popped up today about 28 moving to Scotland, can anyone confirm/quash this myth?

2. I can neither confirm nor deny this statement

3. Thanks for your imput.

4. More like one of the Super Garrison's in the south of England round about 2015.

But not Scotland.

MA

5. The rumour I heard was Arbroath when the Booty's move out, because of the real estate assosiated with the Rigs.

6. The Booty's aint movin...well not in the near future, and there would be plenty of room to accomodate another unit but I think it highly unlikely and too expensive. Arbroath unit no longer in Oil Rig protection role, they moved west some time ago.

7. Cheers for the info roughty, but 28 have Amphibous Bridging Rigs it wasn't the oily ones I meant. :D

8. Doh!! excuse my ignorance, You learn something new every day, cheers for squaring me away Hurra :oops:

9. are there any based in scotland already??

10. Possibility of the rigs being stored at Leuchars in the spare HAS's. As the duty rumour states.

11. At the minute 23 Amph Engr Sqn is down to 2 Rig Troops.

One is 412 (v) Tp the other is Rig Tp (A training Tp of sorts) so one troop really!!!!

1 and 2 Tp are now acting as Field Tps and will be for about 18 + months.

The roumer I have heard from someone within 23 is that about 2015 they are looking at going to UK.

Not scotland but to one of the super garrason's in the south.

If you think about howmany rigs that are still there and there aint many. You can put 2 and 2 togeather and come up with what might happen to 28.

But I stand to be corrected.

MA

12. Cheers buddy!

13. Bloody Rigs in Scotland, nah that must be wah, after all its not like they are made for dealing with winding hilly roads on road moves - and hmm wasn't there an issue with Mk3 about salt water and brakes?