28 engr

the army being the army have just decided to change my posting from 35 paderborne to 28 hamel. I am going to 23 sqn. Anyone got any info about it? mod website doesnt seem to have much? seems to be an amphibious sqn. im a chippy? so unless im building wooden bridges god knows? any info would be good.

They have all trades in 23 Amphibious Engineer Sqn. I was there and I was an Electrician.

The Amph Qual is a Spec Qual that you could attain whilst you are posted to them.

Depending on when you get there will depend on what you will do as at the moment 23 AES are in a slight re-role with only one 'Amph' Troop.

I'd plan for Rear Party...................

im planning for rear party but im not holding my breath!

Dont go on a rig course!!!!

Then they have you...and you'll NEVER leave! plus you'll have the joy of being called a riggy tw@t forever! :wink:

Regt aside, I served in 37 (35 Engr Regt) in Hamlen. IMHO (having been in Paderborn on numerous occasions) lady luck has smiled on you. Hameln is beautiful town. Good social life too. I had a wonderful time there. Enjoy.

ugly

LE
I agree Hameln was a cracking if vague 6 weeks of my Career!

buggrit said:
Dont go on a rig course!!!!

Then they have you...and you'll NEVER leave! plus you'll have the joy of being called a riggy tw@t forever! :wink:
so fecking correct, riggie cnuts. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

johnboy1990 said:
apparently going on tour in october, can anyone confirm that?
Hence why I said set yourself for Rear Party, you missed 90% of the OPTAG Trg.

Unless they send you on a IRT Package.

MA

johnboy1990 said:
the army being the army have just decided to change my posting from 35 paderborne to 28 hamel. I am going to 23 sqn. Anyone got any info about it? mod website doesnt seem to have much? seems to be an amphibious sqn. im a chippy? so unless im building wooden bridges god knows? any info would be good.
Hameln! Perlease!. Great place Hameln. Paderborne is also a good place but I think Hameln is better. But then its about a hundred years since I was there :D

Me!_Amph!! said:
johnboy1990 said:
apparently going on tour in october, can anyone confirm that?
Hence why I said set yourself for Rear Party, you missed 90% of the OPTAG Trg.

Unless they send you on a IRT Package.

MA
this is just tittle tattle but iv been told that anyone tipping up now is just put on guard,that would suck like...

How times have changed. It was an Amphibious Engineer Regiment when i was there. Now it is down to a troop!

Hameln was a cracking town,plenty of good pubs,make sure you go to the Bathtub.

Have fun fella.

smudge5611 said:
How times have changed. It was an Amphibious Engineer Regiment when i was there. Now it is down to a troop!

Have fun fella.
Smudge, this is only for the Herrick XI deployment then 23 will be a full on Amph Sqn again supposidly.

I have had some good times in Hameln, both in the early 90's on M2's and my later stint on M3's. I have come full circle now and am back in 64.

MA

Hameln is a brilliant posting.

You might be too late to deploy - but they will want "tom's" on the ground, so you might be lucky, if they need chippies.

Its a Field Squadron at the moment - the TA will be looking after the boats.

Me!_Amph!! said:
smudge5611 said:

Have fun fella.
Smudge, this is only for the Herrick XI deployment then 23 will be a full on Amph Sqn again supposidly.

I have had some good times in Hameln, both in the early 90's on M2's and my later stint on M3's. I have come full circle now and am back in 64.

Cheers MA. I was there 94,95. Good times were had often.

Have a pint for me in the 'tub.

MA

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2
sigstab Sappers 79
Davros_the_Dalek Sappers 82