27 Regt RLC

Discussion in 'RLC' started by scammel-starter-button, Oct 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 27 Regt RLC

What's the story with them?
    Any tours coming up?
    Good Sqns to go to?
    Accomadation?

All comments welcomed

2. 27 REGT was'nt a good regt to go to on op-telic 2 ( bad management ) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

3. I was working in the MT dept at chillwell during some for telic 2
    I heard nothing but bad things about 27 reg

I have just done anual camp, 27 reg where out and about 2 whatt a set of (how can i but this) tossers!!! ( I think thats polite)

4. 27 Wretchiment RLC,
    Not a happy place to be, in recent years has always been in the shadow of an another Tpt regt nearby( the mighty 10th of wheel) Quite a few from 10 now migrating to 27 so hopefully by cross fertilisation should improve. Snr's of both regts same level across the RLC (quality) Just need a MTI as RSM to finish them off. :lol:

5. I've not seen that; does it run along the same lines as Rocco's **** Ski Vacation 11?

6. I got plenty of mates in 27, QM,QMT,RQ,RSM, With blokes like these in charge you cant go wrong! I am biased of course!

7. having just escaped the clutches of the above I can confirm that it is not a happy place to be, however ****, ****, ****, **** etc do make it just about bearable. But **** aside the top corridor dont know their arse from their elbows. But to call the guys a bunch of tossers just stinks of a disgruntled stab to me.

Edited to remove names, especially as one is a former Corps RSM! Agree with the sentiment, but I don't want names out in the open thanks.

Woops.

8. In my dealings with 27 Regt I have found them to be a pretty together bunch. Professional, sensible and with good C2. In a like for like comparison with my lot they win hands down. I really feel the detractors should be happy for what you've got, trust me it could be a lot worse..............

9. serving with 27 as another cap badge was a happy time for me, i found all ranks within the regiment to be helpfull, polite and most of all professional, whilst on execise I never had whinging tom's at the back of my truck informing me that they had mindlessly fcuked up yet another piece of kit, and i never had the pleasure of two thick headed Pte's anouncing the fact that they had driven over thier FRIGGIN RIFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Along with this, the chicks were all fit and straight, the football team weren't clicky and the fleet was kept to an impeccable standard.

Thanks for a wonderfull tour that certainly oened my eyes to what professional soldiering is all about.

THEN AGAIN I MAY JUST BE A FCUKIN LIAR

10. 27 let themselves down on telic by allowing a tin-pot TAs outfit join their ranks, one uber cluster after another...

although, granted the CO would have preferred to take 7 Sqn along i'm sure...

Has their current CO been on a tour yet???

11. Have spent many a blissfull exercise with the fighting 7
    keeep it real to all still there

12. I was Op Telic with 27 Regt and it was alright, didn't have any TA v Reg problems in our Troop (there were tossers in both groups).

13. well he did serve in the battle of jubilee. When was that again?

14. Over the years, I've worked with 27 on a few occasions. (Kosovo, various exs) and I've never had any great problems. They've done their job well and let me do mine to my normal bluffing standard.

That said, having seen who is their CO des (arriving mid-06), I'm glad I won't be there during his tour. A thruster of the highest order!

15. Goon you are such a muppet!! If you have any issue with the TA then please PM me for pearls of wisdom. You some how think that you (The regular) type have a far higher stock value? Um let me educate you just a little. Several of my Junior ranks went with 27 Regt and had some issues, however this was not due to them being there. There were well discussed issues with management style rather than lack of ability.
    If you had half a brain you would now realise that without the TA you would be on stag yourself rotating from one tour to the next.
    The next time you use the TA name in vain make sure you are in possesion of the facts because most of us TA types have been regular soldiers/Officers and have fired far more inteligent types than you. Be carefull who and what you wish for as without the TA you would have a very unhappy time in the Gulf.