266 years ago.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by kilo42, Apr 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I6th of April 1746, the last battle on British soil. Two hundred and sixty six years ago tonight, the Jacobite army made the ill fated forced march to Nairn to attack Cumberland's camp,I wonder how our history would have been different had they succeeded

battle of culloden - Google Search
  2. Really? Are the Falkland Islands not British?
  3. A good friend of mine (English) attended a Caledonian Night in the ME and during the proceedings stood up and toasted The Duke of Cumberland - the proverbial lead balloon and someone poured a haggis over him.
  4. Insert major mainland civil war battle for Legs.

Cue BBC Scotland, showing some Blue bonnet reenactors tomorrow, with the First Minister raising a peh before a minutes silence.

Might have affected the seven years war a wee bit, Would Wolfe have made it to the St Lawerence though.
  5. Yes he would cos he was the dogs so he would have done it a bit differently thats all.
  6. Does Salmond give a flying F*** about all the Scots that were on the winning side? Or the English in the losing side?
  7. To be honest he probably wouldn't have a clue about either.
  8. I suppose you want a ******* apology, wreaths laying and some sort of memorial service.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Deleted -sorry duplication
  10. It would be nice for all the English who died on the Jacobite side... even teh ones hung at Inverness as traitors.
  11. No not really, but a cuddle would be nice, you great bit rough tough soldier you :hump:
  12. 'Butcher' Cumberland - well, at least he made great sausages! :chef:
  13. He wasn't that bad a bloke... the University of Glasgow gave him an honoury degree due to his efforts at bringing peace to the nation.
  14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

No just compensation couple of million a head for anyone who has at least one grandparent from the highlands should do it,

( thanks grandad )
  15. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Jesus, does this mean they will STILL be going on about this in 166 years time?

Come to think of it, these english who were at the battle, were they from liverpool per chance?
    • Like Like x 1