26 Regt RA Location?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by freelanc3r, May 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Starting basic on the 2nd of June for RA ofcourse and just looking for a little information regarding 26 Regiment's location, I know they're based in Gutersloh barracks in Germany at the moment. Will they be moving to a new location in the UK or disbanding into other regiments? As I know all HM forces based in Germany are moving back by 2020. Just looking for some information as this will be one of my regiment choices after 7 Para RHA.

2. 26 Regt are moving to Larkhill in south england when they return from Germany in about 2015, not 2020.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers.
  4. Another quick question, will all new gunners fresh out of phase 2 go straight to Gutersloh if they choose 26 Regt RA? Or have they stopped taking fresh sprogs due to the move back to larkhill?
  5. I believe they may be stationed in Mansergh Barracks, Gutersloh, which is isolated at the other end of the town from the Princess Royal Barracks (formerly RAF Guetersloh) At least Mansergh Barracks is where they were stationed when I left the Army 20 years ago ! Its a former WW2 Luftwaffe barracks with many of the original barrack blocks still standing. Guetersloh is a lovely friendly little town, not too far away from Bielefeld where I was stationed.
  6. you will still go to Germany as long as you will pass PH2 in time, Germany is not what it used to be, ie a drinkathon and fuckathon
  7. What changed? lol
  8. When I read the heading I thought Who's this twonk that lost them? On saying that though one of the ex RAF Cottesmore Regts or Corps have lost one of their lads, It was mentioned in the local Leicester Rag today that he was last seen at 2130 and the local plod are worried about him?
  9. Haha he's a big boy I'm sure he'll be kicking ass and taking names, Raf style