26 Engr Regt LAD

Discussion in 'REME' started by gingerslime, Feb 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just received a posting order for the above unit and was wondering if anyone on here has any experience of the unit,what kit I'd be working on as a tech etc.

2. Titan & Trojan.
    On Prarie Thunder (I think 1 & 2) and on H16.
    Good OC and good ASM (but he's commissioning so will be off soon).
    Share Perham Down with 22 RE. Quaters in the area are at a premium, I think that the singlies accom is all SLAM.

3. What Sparky said. I was there in 2001. 8 Armd Engineer Sqn. AVRE/AVLB at the time. Good lads. Split site between 22/26 Engrs.
    The Ludgershall site is next to a little village with a top boozer called The Crown and a couple of decent takeaways.

4. Cheers guys, I'll be going as a pad, posting isn't until end of June so I'll get the housing forms in nice and early and hope for something close by.

5. There's a Pads estate between the sites of 22 and 26 (all the armour was based at 22 in 8 Armd Sqn) about a mile out of Tidworth main drag that are nice and secluded. Drive past the NAAFI and head to 22 Engr Regt. Drive past the front gate and take the first left past the camp. About 50m up that road on the right is a mostly new (ish-1990's) build small patch backing onto the sports pitches/countryside. had a mate who lived in one. Very nice and worth a reccy.

6. Perham Down. Or Matthews estate, they're all fairly new builds too. Zouch estate is a frickin' dive.

7. Sorry to just barge in on your thread but does anyone know what the quarters are like in Perham Down specifically Wouldham Close? ******* well hacked off with the HIC and moving at very short notice miles from my POD!!!! Got to give 'it' indoors something other than a handful of magic beans!

8. Titan & Trojan.
    On Prarie Thunder (I think 1 & 2) and on H16.
    Good OC and good ASM (but he's commissioning so will be off soon).
    Share Perham Down with 22 RE. Quaters in the area are at a premium, I think that the singlies accom is all SLAM.

I am just wondering if it is the same bloke i am thinking of and he has something to do with womens football? If it is then i would like you to define good, as i must have the wrong impression!