26/03/20 RN monitoring Russian Warships in North sea & Channel

bob231

War Hero
It's now the Brownians.

There may be some (slight) dissembling: the nine warships listed will not be all continuously involved in shadowing the Russians, rather will rotate to more effectively cover areas and reduce unnecessary time at sea.

It's now the Brownians.

There may be some (slight) dissembling: the nine warships listed will not be all continuously involved in shadowing the Russians, rather will rotate to more effectively cover areas and reduce unnecessary time at sea.
Brownians are the "goodies"; "Ginger" on the other hand stink of fox-piss and are to be soundly destroyed.

Apparently, interestingly 9 RN ships continue to monitor 7 Russian ships in the North sea & English channel.

Its been going on for a least a week however it's highly unusual to be extended for this period.
Quite a major operation.
Perhaps not; separate incidents and no indication that they were sailing in company. I think you can stand down the Home Guard from repelling them on the beaches. Must be a slow COVID-19 day for the press.

'The Royal Navy said a total of seven Russian warships were shadowed during two incidents around UK waters earlier this month. The incidents coincided with RAF Typhoons being scrambled three times in a week in response to Russian aircraft flying near UK air space.' (That was on the weekend 14/15 Mar 20.)

'Seven Navy ships were used during the shadowings, as well as two Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels, the Navy said. Four Type 23 frigates - HMS Kent, HMS Sutherland, HMS Argyll and HMS Richmond - were all used. Offshore Patrol Vessels HMS Tyne and HMS Kent also took part, as well as hydrographic survey ship HMS Echo. HMS Tyne spent more than a week in the English Channel monitoring the Russian vessels as they passed the south coast. While HMS Sutherland "watched over" the Russian ships as part of her role with a NATO task group in the region.

'Three Russian Steregushchiy-class corvettes, two Ropucha-class landing ships and two Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates were observed in UK waters during the period.'

Last edited:
I predict an Infected isis squadron tasked with licking car door handles will be reported next.

I predict an Infected isis squadron tasked with licking car door handles will be reported next.
Well, not quite. I shudder to think what other diseases they might have picked up from their port call in Da Nang.;)

'To combat a growing outbreak of COVID-19 on the carrier Theodore Roosevelt, the Navy has ordered the ship to pull into Guam and have the whole crew of 5,000-plus sailors tested for the novel coronavirus, the service’s acting secretary announced Thursday. “We found several more cases,” Thomas Modly said in a news conference. "We are in the process of testing 100 percent of the crew of that ship.

'The sidelining of a deployed U.S. aircraft carrier to combat a COVID-19 is the most dramatic development to date in the military’s fighting to contain the spread of the virus. There have been 104 active duty cases documented in the Navy, which Modly characterized as trending higher.'

Last edited:

bob231

War Hero
Brownians are the "goodies"; "Ginger" on the other hand stink of fox-piss and are to be soundly destroyed.
You're quite correct and I hang my head in shame.

In my defence, from the PoV of a marine engineer it never made the least bit of difference which ones were poking the holes in the side of the Ship, the holes still needed shoring up / fires extinguishing.

You're quite correct and I hang my head in shame.

In my defence, from the PoV of a marine engineer it never made the least bit of difference which ones were poking the holes in the side of the Ship, the holes still needed shoring up / fires extinguishing.
You mean all those wholeship briefs, XO's rounds and the BOST survival booklets don't actually get paid attention to?

Bugger.

wafubustard

War Hero
You mean all those wholeship briefs, XO's rounds and the BOST survival booklets don't actually get paid attention to?

Bugger.
Like when the media are on board and everyone is meant to know what to say to them?
That brief has always inwardly digested. And then quickly forgotten

"Lieutenant Nick Ward, HMS Tyne’s Executive Officer, said: “As the Armed Forces are helping the NHS save lives in the UK, it’s essential the Navy continues to deliver the tasks we have always performed to help keep Britain safe. "

That could be used as an argument that we have too many sailors.

When better to invade a country? When it’s at its most vulnerable

bob231

War Hero

Bugger.
I particularly like the detailed and elaborate brief on the capabilities of our heinous Ginger foes, complete with pictures to allow Damage Control parties to identify them through the holes in the hull.

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
"Lieutenant Nick Ward, HMS Tyne’s Executive Officer, said: “As the Armed Forces are helping the NHS save lives in the UK, it’s essential the Navy continues to deliver the tasks we have always performed to help keep Britain safe. "

That could be used as an argument that we have too many sailors.
We can't have too many sailors. I speak as a resident of Brighton.

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
Are there any Russian warships sailing in the North Sea?

I particularly like the detailed and elaborate brief on the capabilities of our heinous Ginger foes, complete with pictures to allow Damage Control parties to identify them through the holes in the hull.
Quite right too.

Next you'll be telling me you can tell the difference between a frogfoot and a flanker...

Two years of my life, wasted.

Latest Threads