256 (City of London) Field Hospital

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Flynn101, Sep 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I've got a friend who hopes to be an Army doctor (after passing the small matter of A-levels, UCAS and Med School) and for the meantime she wants to join the TA as a Combat Medical Technician and basically is the unit I mentioned currently recruiting for medics? as so far she cant seem to get through via the phone and ask plus on the website it makes no mention of Medics. Thanks
  2. See other post PM me
  3. This sort of thing really grips my sh*t. The TA marketeers spend millions on advertising each year, raising awareness, and yet when we get an interested party (for whatever trade) the biggest hurdle seems to be getting some lazy lardarrse at the TAC to answer the phone.

I have been around a few TA units, and it seems to be that potential recruits get through the enlistment process in spite of the admin team, rather than because of it.

Don't even get me going about the trainers ....
  4. The problem may be that although the telephone numbers changed a while back, whoever rewrote (way above unit level!) the relevant AMS TA web bit got their info from an old phone book . I will address this soonest. In the meantime, if anyone wants any info, please pm me & I will point you in the right direction. You might also want to look at the other threads posted on the future of the CMT(V).

Edited to add;

However the units bit on the Serving Soldier website is accurate

No plan survives contact with IT...