252 signal squadron flash????

im currently at blandford and im going to 252, i want to buy all the flashes to sort out my unifourm before i go, does anyone have an idea what the flash is, because i cant seem to find out anywhere.

im currently at blandford and im going to 252, i want to buy all the flashes to sort out my unifourm before i go, does anyone have an idea what the flash is, because i cant seem to find out anywhere.
It's part of 22 sibs, which is part of 1 Sig bde.

Blue diamond with a white spear.

I feel disappointed that your DS haven't squared you away with this information.

You'll get your patches when you get there. If your SSM or SQMS or even Troop Staffy doesn't have a drawer full of them then a quick trip to the Clothing Store on arrival will fix that. You won't get bollocked in Week 1 at your new Unit for not wearing a Unit Flash. Week 2 is a different matter.

I appreciate you want to go there prepared, but do not be tempted to put your hand in your pocket to pay for items the Army requires you to wear on your uniform, it's a slippery slope (don't get me started on NameTags). Same will happen every time you rotate through a new Unit.

Good Luck.

They are part of 22 Sigs, but not based at Stafford - or at least they weren't when I left there in 2014.

I used to visit them quite often, decent Squadron.

NemoIII

War Hero
I appreciate you want to go there prepared, but do not be tempted to put your hand in your pocket to pay for items the Army requires you to wear on your uniform, it's a slippery slope (don't get me started on NameTags).
Christ your lucky if you've been given Unit and Brigade flashes, I've had to pay everywhere I've been so far for them.

Love name tags aswell, some units make you wear them, the other tell you to take them off, absolute nightmare. Makes matters worse when the unit tailors charge for Name tapes, TRFs and Brigade flashes to be sown on.

Just_plain_you

War Hero
Christ your lucky if you've been given Unit and Brigade flashes, I've had to pay everywhere I've been so far for them.
Correct. They are not provided at public expense.

They are part of 22 Sigs, but not based at Stafford - or at least they weren't when I left there in 2014.

I used to visit them quite often, decent Squadron.
The Corps has gone through a massive change and reorg in the last 6 years. Being as the OP is in Blandford, the Home of the Royal Signals, I’m sure he knows where it is.
About as much use as someone saying “252 isn’t in Stafford, it’s in Hong Kong, or it was when I was in” . Bellend

The Corps has gone through a massive change and reorg in the last 6 years. Being as the OP is in Blandford, the Home of the Royal Signals, I’m sure he knows where it is.
About as much use as someone saying “252 isn’t in Stafford, it’s in Hong Kong, or it was when I was in” . Bellend
I was replying to the fact that his Troop Staff had never heard of 252.

I caveated my response with the fact that my info was from 2014.

But thanks for your input. Bellend.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
The RQMS might have some on stock, most of the time we never had enough for more that 1 or 2 as freebies.
So you might be directed to an approved online source to buy them or be given some old kit & a sharp razor blade and have to take them off old mtp/cs95, this is not the RQ being a cnut as in some units this below is all you will get free!!
1582302773390.png

252 are in imjin barracks, Gloucester. Part of 22, in Stafford. Part of 1 Sig bde in imjin.

It's ever been thus.

As in JHQ 1 SIG BDE were in RheinD, as was 252, but 16 (who 252 was part of) were in elmpt.

Personally I always felt it should have been 1 Sig Bde & Sig Sqn' (252).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Royal Signals 6
W21A Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets 1
freddibnah Royal Signals 3

Latest Threads