25 years ago today...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Run_Charlie!, Apr 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...the Argy Bargies invaded the Falklands.

Where were you, on April the 2nd, 1982?

2. On leave in Sweden.

3. In the turret of a Chieftain in Germany wondering why the Argentinians had invaded Fife.

4. Upon hearing of the invasion myself and several mates from the estate did our patriotic bit and joined the Army Cadets.

5. In Bhurtpore Barracks, Tidworth, with the finest tank regiment ever.. the 4th! At least, that is what the CO always told us!

With 50-odd Chieftain tanks rumbling around Salisbury Plain, it was quickly obvious that our services would not be required and we were told to stand down for the weekend, IIRC (and it was a very long time ago)!

Litotes

6. I was 9 months old.

Now where did I put my coat?

7. Junior Military certificate (JMC) Course at 5 Armd Wksp REME in Soest.

Often think about how desperate we were to be involved in a nervous, sort of 'we could finish up in the sh*t here' sort of way!!

8. Double maths, followed by PE.

9. Resident Bn, Aldergrove, no chance of going, where were you?

10. On Spearhead in Colchester wondering where the fcuk is the Falklands - near the Shetlands eh.

BT. :roll:

11. BFPO 40 - Living the dream in Rhein-D

12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Moving to Senny bridge for Bn field firing, from Canterbury. It'd take more than a small invasion to stop our Bn field firing - the CO was very clear about that!

13. I heard about the incursion into South Georgia from Newsround, the actual invasion I saw on a newspaper on my way home from school

The funniest thing I remember about the whole thing, apart from thinking like everyone else "why are the argies invading the Shetlands/Hebs/etc" was our ACF AI who packed his kit beliving he was going to "get the call" not he wasn't ex reg/TA

oh yeah and those bloody call up papers that are still doing the rounds

14. Lisburn, grateful for failing my Spanish 'O' level.

15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Punching hell out of a 4th year who had been bullying my mates.