25 Year Old Major

I happen to know a 25 year old substantive major. They are not a lawyer/doctor/dentist etc. and I was wondering whether they qualify as the youngest major in the British Army currently. Anyone know of anyone younger?

Forastero

LE
Unless he joined up at the absolute earliest opportunity, I'm somewhat sceptical that he's a sub Maj at 25. What's the full dit on this chap?

Unless he joined up at the absolute earliest opportunity, I'm somewhat sceptical that he's a sub Maj at 25. What's the full dit on this chap?
Agree his unit and Glasgow would have had to be on the ball with all paperwork, OJARS etc etc and he must have attended all courses at the earliest opportunity and got impressive reports from all of them

I happen to know a 25 year old substantive major. They are not a lawyer/doctor/dentist etc. and I was wondering whether they qualify as the youngest major in the British Army currently. Anyone know of anyone younger?
No, but I'm on track to being the oldest Captain.

Thats even harder

I must point out at this point he is TA. But still, damn young
I was about to say absolute bollocks as it certainly wouldn't be possible for a Regular. Although I think we all know that the TA doesn't really count dont we?

Pilot? I see some damn young majors who are pilots.

Bowmore_Assassin

MIA
Book Reviewer
I do not think you can make sub Major at 25. How did he do it; be interesting to know.

I thought you had to be 29 to be Sub Major ? Standing by to be told that changed in 1968....
A Reg non-grad who joined RMAS bang on at 18, Commissioned at 19 and then was an A grade Captain throughout, went to the beige list a year early after being recommended Exceptional for 2Up (which is possible, but rare) would be 29. A graduate would only be able to make it to Maj by 29 also because of joining at 21 and picking up first look after going to the board a year early. So impossible for Regs.

As for TA, I doubt that's possible to do it as quick.

Latest Threads