25% Discount on boxhead trains for Serving and Ex Forces

Discussion in 'Forces Discounts' started by Travis_Bickle, Feb 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Taken from discount pages on Armynet:

DB Bahn Image

DB Bahn are offering 25% discounted rail travel in Germany available to all British Armed Forces, wherever based, BFG personnel, dependants and entitled Veterans, from 1 October. This generous offer has been agreed between BFG and DB BAHN, the German rail network. The ‘BFG25’ deal will run as a pilot scheme between 1 October 2009 – 30 September 2010. The offer is open to all Service personnel wherever they are based, dependants, all BFG employees including DEL staff, and Veterans.

I know that there is already the forces railcard that gives a third off the price of tickets for serving forces personnel and their spouse in the UK and the German railway does the scheme above in Bratwurst land.
    Does anyone know whether there are any plans for a similar scheme in the UK for old buggers that are no longer serving?

Edited because I am a mong and type with my elbows.
  2. Well I used a train last weekend down to Dusseldorf - 37EUR return so was happy with that. When I put my MOD F90 in the ticket machine for my discount it jammed it.

So how is this meant to work?
  3. In case it works like a cash machine to allow you to have 100 pounds/euros in an emergency.

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints
  4. Obviously the guy is a Walt and it wasnt a real MOD 90, it really does work.