25 Days Christmas Leave, Leaked Memo

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ts_coney, Dec 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Defence/article1170479.ece

Could this be true? Found on Twitter. Cant find any MoD news supporting this. What do you all think?

2. For once the Generals will be right, and all the troops will be home for Christmas!

3. "Soldiers Take Leave At Christmas Shock! Read All About it!"

4. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Pretty much true although it doesn't apply to the Ministry of Defence Main Building!

5. What next, leave during the summer?!

6. Miss

7. I'll be arsed if it ever is 25 days. Why would normal leave make a news story? Except when it gets cancelled because of G4S.

8. hmm, my leave card says 15 days for that period...

9. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Nobody can read, can you, it lays down the parameters for leave and when units/soldiers can take leave, same as every year-non story.

Now if it had said the Gurkhas HAVE to go on leave as well for Christmas that would be a story.

10. There is some truth in it:
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/officers/190266-buck-shee-christmas-leave-please-help.html#post4725223

The whole army hasn't been 'ordered' to take leave/work from home, but encouraged to and they must still meet operational, duty needs etc.

Its not every military site / building as they are not all part of LF, but it does include RAF/RN working within LF.
    It is not unprecidented, for a few years sites have been trying to get people to take extra leave over christmas/new year and to not return for the optional 3 days leave in the middle so that buildings can be shutdown, heating put into frost precautions, lights left off, computers left off (but plugged in so that networks can eb updated) etc

11. Am I going to have to come off leave to go on leave now so I can complete JPA. Whens New Years Pay day by the way???

12. Hang on a second, are the Army seriously trying to claim with a straight face that the heating is turned on during the winter?

• Like Like x 4
  13. Gods, only HM Forces could find a reason to drip about getting more time off ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think it is absolutely shocking!!! As I don't get any extra leave at Christmas, maybe I should have 25 days extra pension paid instead ;P :meditate:

15. I'm with Vampy, not only does the heating not go on, its also the traditional time to refurbish the hot water system in both messes and randomly remove 30% of building windows to upgrade them ready for...well the following winter I guess.

• Like Like x 2