25% Cull Of 1* and above

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. ...and they wonder why they can't retain any real talent?

3. msr

msr LE

4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

somewhere else in the papers it says the MB cuts are to prove that its not just the the teeth being pulled.

that will probably still leave us with around 2000% over capacity regarding command staff fitted for troops but not with.
  5. As long as they throw out the RAF OC RandomTasks! They are like shit in a field fuckin everywhere!
  6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

7. Why would you need talent to be a Senior Officer? Surely the right school and regiment will carry even the biggest donkey to 1 star rank??? :)
  8. Yep, you're right. Of course it will. So we can bin ICSC, ACSC and HCSC, because you have just found the solution to the military's manning snags.

Well done
  9. As Chasndave said.
  10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the 'what if' excuse for keeping so many is getting rather lame now. the answer to 'what if' once they have finished destroying capability is simple. no need to set up a working group just give the task to a corporal.
  11. Fingerz - fair point. In my defence i'm stuck away from home on business and no keyboard and using iphone to type. This makes it hatd to type angry rants without lots of fun typos. When i'm back i'll post a more reasoned piece. My link was to try and show myviews in a hurry.
  12. Something along the lines of "head count reductijns sound great, but who will do the work which still needs doing?", you mean?

Your post really contributed something to the thread though, thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

How long can this no-story run for? Nothing new here - it was all set out in Levene and the SDSR.

In a minute we will see a story about cuts in senior officers' perks..... oh yes that was last Sunday.

Get with the programme guys - this is August A QUIET MONTH FOR NEWS, so anything that can be recycled will be, and the MoD is no exception.

A far more significant outpouring from our SofS, and has almost passed ARRSE by is this little gem from a couple of weeks back: