24hr Clock

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by brummieboy1, Dec 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is probably destined for the hole, but I did wonder. As this is a military oriented site, why aren't the timings of posts in 24hr format?

2. Could have something to do with using commercially available software.

But, what do I know?

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I bet you get annoyed when call center workers say "s for sugar"? or when ignorant people "contact" each other? Sir, it is definitely time for you to PVR.

Until you can grip normality though I have good news. You can have your time in whatever format you like. Look in your account, preferences and you'll see a mysterious time format box.

Type this in:

dHi\ZMy

Now change the timezone to GMT.

Then save.

You'll get something far better than a simple 24 hour format - a full DTG . Happy Christmas :)

4. Roger out :lol:

5. So how do you get just the time in 24?

6. cancel my last,just sussed it.

7. I use the dHi\ZMy format which was working fine until today, now all current threads and posts read as if today is October.

This message was posted @ 012326ZOct9 according to the time stamp.

8. the time by the exchagne clock is,,,,,,,,

9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Whats 24 hour clock?

10. It's a cunning ploy, 26 in the alphabet Cant use I and O that leaves 24,Next thing your been calling then time zones ,

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Well spotted. I'll look into it.

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I reckon you've found a bug in the programming language behind arrse - PHP. I will look at this further next week as I'm away from home and can't get access to our servers. Meantime it seems that any format that has the lower case 'y' breaks. Y works fine but of course may not suit sir's date format requirements.