246 Signal Sqn

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by jimbobtheblue, Feb 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats it like for non gurkha Telemechs is it all green with fit johnny wanting to play soldiers on Ex all the time????
    If you have any views please post them. Cheers

2. Whats it like for non gurkha Telemechs is it all green with fit johnny wanting to play soldiers on Ex all the time????
    If you have any views please post them. Cheers

3. The Gurkhas don't have telemechs. Re-read your post. You are a Brit about to be posted to a Gurkha Sqn and want to know how it works?

4. They also kept me quite busy on TELIC

5. Im a telemech getting posted to 246 so if they dont have any mechs am I going to be painting wagons or making brews for the Q man???
    Any mechs got views on 2 sigs????

6. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Believe me you will not be making brews especially when there are loads of exercises on for the year plus SLE. You will probably work on a cormorant det that will require fibre and cable laying for in excess of 90 Telephones and numerous Data circuits. Every time it moves. Prepare to get extremely busy. :lol:

P.S there are about 4 other install techs in the squadron.

7. In addition to IS Geeks comments, this is a great job for your profile. One of few Brits in a Gurkha Sqn, you cannot fail to stand out. Relish in the sport, bhats and Gurkhas festivals. Enjoy.

Jai QG SIGNALS

8. Tallest on the right!

9. Yep and 5 ft 8 inches was for once pretty tall!!

10. Stop bragging................. you are no way that tall! Your lad is taller than you....

11. Does it make you feel like an old sweat, calling yourself a 'Tele Mech' rather than 'Inst Tech'?

By the way, chaps, remember that the Inst Techs in the Cormorant units not only lay out the fibre and the local area subsystem infrastructure, but they actually form part of the detachment crews as well. Stag on and get used to labelling up phones.

12. :lol: :lol: :lol: