Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bad CO, Jul 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Just to let you know that we've received the very sad news that 2404Motorman has recently passed away. We received the following email from his step son:

Like many on here, I very much enjoyed his posts and he will be a sad loss to the site. RIP
  2. Really bad news.

Met him at the Pun VC reception, a fine gentleman indeed.

RIP Ian, condolences to Family and Friends.
  3. Sad news indeed.
  4. A sad loss for both his family and the ARRSE community.

RIP fella.
  5. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm in tears here. I only met him the once for a few hours at Pun VC's welcoming party, but he was indeed a lovely man - funny, intelligent and obviously passionate about life. To echo his charming comment about me, it was a delight to meet him too.

I hope it won't upset anyone if I say:

It was seeing the female Gurkha Major what did it... :)

Rest In Peace Ian - I'm glad I met you - you will be missed.

The memory of a good person is a blessing.
    ~ Proverbs 10:7
  6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Very sad news.
  7. I'm devastated.

Like Dozy and the others I met Him whilst at the Pun VC press conference. A very polite and likeable person.

RIP Old Lad
  8. RIP, Ian.
  9. Rest in peace Ian,
    sentiments as Sven and Dozy
  10. Very sad news. RIP. You will be remembered.
  11. RIP. A sad loss to the Arrse community.

12. Very sad news.

Ian and I chatted for some time while waiting to greet Pun VC and he was a real pleasure to be with. He also took the time to explain to some Dutch chaps what everyone was here for and the background to the campaign.

13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Very sad news and my thoughts and condolences go to the family. I have enjoyed the posts of 2404Motorman - he will be missed. I hope that he is logged on to the big site in the Sky.

14. Rest in peace Ian. Having met Ian at Pun's reception, like others, this has come as a real shock - Along with Dozy, I suspect that the Gurkha Major may have contributed! Ian, I hope our paths cross again.

A true gentleman, sadly missed on these boards and by all those who knew him.

RIP mate.
  15. Black tie day , RIP Ian.