24 hours of sHIIT

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by chrisg46, Mar 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Just posted this in the Red Nose Day thread, but thought a thread of its own might help.

Red Nose Day Giving Page | Red Nose Day 2013

Starting at 6pm tomorrow, he will be attempting 24 hours solid of HIIT training (i think is what its called, High Impact Intensity Training - aka circuits maybe?), near continuous pressups, crunches, kettlebell lifts, punch bag training and the like.
    He is ex 1RGJ (91-97), and had the nickname of Sonic if that jogs any memories. A few years ago, his soon to be born son, Logan died a few days before he was due meaning that his wife had to give birth knowing that the worst had already happened.
    Sonic's motivation is if the money he raises can help one parent going through the same pain and loss that he has, then it will be worth it.
    If you want to sponsor him, that's fine, if you don't, that's also fine. The only thing I would ask, respectfully that no one crayons on his justgiving page.

Thanks for your time, and hopefully a donation?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Whilst I respect what and why he's doing it, my feelings towards Red Nose Day have been fully aired on that thread.

He and his family have my deepest sympathy for what happened but I'm sorry, should he be doing it for a totally British Charity then I would have been happy to sponsor him.
  3. chrisg46

No probs
  4. I feel terrible now. Feck it, I will sponsor the guy, he deserves it. Please accept my apologies for being a miserable, grouchy, old twot.

• Like Like x 2
  5. chrisg46

You are a good person mate. Every little helps.
  6. Apparently, I'm a "Sponsoring Superstar"

Wish him luck from me. Now I've got to figure out how to delete these posts before my reputation is totally destroyed !!
  7. chrisg46

8. chrisg46

Shameless Bump - I thought the title of the thread might be worth a quid? :)
  9. I shan't be giving to any red nose day event, no matter what is being done. I refuse to give my hard earned shekkles to an organisation that is going to give to a continent that is forever holding its hand out and too lazy to use the abundant resources it has.
  10. chrisg46

Fair point Cabana, i like to think that the money i donate goes to UK based support. I get a little fed up of the African attitude too.
  11. chrisg46

12. chrisg46

Rob has been going for over 16 hours now, so has less than 8 to go. He is suffering a fair amount now - shagged knee etc. any amount donated is massively appreciated!

My mrs has said that if we can hit £900 by 1600, she will do the last two hours in a onesie :s

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. chrisg46