24 Hours in Police Custody

New channel 4 documentary, the first five episodes of a 20-part observational series showing Bedfordshire Police at work within the confines of the custody suite.

"This extraordinary series follows officers as they respond to 999 calls and arrest suspects, witnessing the relentless traffic through the police custody cells, round the clock, 24 hrs a day. The series films in close-up detail the police interrogations as each case is pieced together, to find the evidence to release or charge. The station works under the constant pressure dictated by time restrictions which mean that most prisoners can only be kept against their will for a maximum of 24 hours".

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/24-hours-in-police-custody-w-t

Initial impressions look interesting, a 2014 version of the The Bill no but enjoyable viewing hopefully.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Watch those stairs

New channel 4 documentary, the first five episodes of a 20-part observational series showing Bedfordshire Police at work within the confines of the custody suite.

"This extraordinary series follows officers as they respond to prank calls and arrest victims, witnessing the relentless traffic through the police custody cells, round the clock, 24 hrs a day. The series films in close-up detail the police interrogations as each case is pieced together, to make the evidence fit the charge. The station works under the constant pressure dictated by performance targets which mean that most police officers can only be kept against their will for a maximum of 24 hours before taking 3 weeks of rest days".

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/24-hours-in-police-custody-w-t

Initial impressions look interesting, a 2014 version of the The Bill no but enjoyable viewing hopefully.

Fixed for free.

Riveting stuff.

Can't believe he got away with it at trial but then again he looked a broken man at the end of the prog.

You mean he couldn't get access to his Vitamin S in jail?

What a wonderful country we are lucky enough to live in where our criminal justice system would rather let ten guilty men walk than one innocent man be jailed. Not that the guilty as sin chap was guilty of anything.

I'm impressed his brief managed to keep a straight face the little fibber.

I tried to fit 100 police officers into a Mini Cooper.

It was a struggle at first but then I made one a sergeant and the rest crawled up his arse.

Snookie

Clanker
Thought was very watchable...you just do knew Baig was going to be cleared.. Amazing to see his body language change in interviews when they kept bringing up evidence about his "dirty phone", it was like he double dropped some gurners his leg was shaking so much. Amazing weight loss after they showed him after the trial....

So the message to any would be crims was do your own dirty work, don't involve anyone else and don't use mobiles.

I thought the ex-rep turned copper missed a trick when laughing boy called him a "funny guy" towards the end, he should've done a Goodfellas on him: "funny how? like a clown...."

Apparently the speccy detective is already getting grief for referring to a woman as "a bit of skirt".
He is a civilian investigator and yes, he has been pulled up for the "bit of skirt" and "the cock of justice" comments

He is a civilian investigator and yes, he has been pulled up for the "bit of skirt" and "the cock of justice" comments
If that is true I dont understand it. They'd already decided that in that interview they were going to take a run at him and see if they could get him flapping a bit more and talking (until then it was all no comment)

Calling the girl that the suspects BiL was prepared to arrange shootings over a bit of skirt makes sense if you're trying to get the suspect to realise he was potentially looking at a life sentence for helping out and should be looking to save his own skin.

I was more annoyed by the blokes inability to shut up about his holiday.

If that is true I dont understand it. They'd already decided that in that interview they were going to take a run at him and see if they could get him flapping a bit more and talking (until then it was all no comment)

Calling the girl that the suspects BiL was prepared to arrange shootings over a bit of skirt makes sense if you're trying to get the suspect to realise he was potentially looking at a life sentence for helping out and should be looking to save his own skin.

I was more annoyed by the blokes inability to shut up about his holiday.
It makes total sense to wind a suspect up and they did a good job of it. Unfortunately there will be whingers who bitch at the Chief Constable's staff and "lessons must be learnt" etc etc. It will only be words of advice.

Just watched it, he'll be back in nick as he's now a raving smack head.

I was impressed with the first episode. It was obvious that he was going to be found not guilty because the whole interview was shown with his solicitor tailoring his prepared statements each time disclosure was given to suit his story. Why would any person not immediately give an account for the phone number and packaging if they had nothing to hide?

I think it shows people how difficult it can be to convince a jury to convict someone even with credible evidence. 4 hours into the 24 before an interview could take place due to solicitor taking his time, overly long consultations designed to burn up custody time. Prepared statements followed by no comment that change and contradict previous statements as the disclosure develops.

Wets.

Latest Threads