24 Hour Passport Renewal.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by target_stop, Apr 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening,

Has anybody been through the day long Passport application recently? Is it a nause and where did you go?

I have been trying to research but some say the Liverpool place has now closed then some other people say you can't do the day long renewal at all any more.

Cheers.

2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

go to the Peterborough office none of those inbreds ever travel further than spalding so there's no queues .

3. Thanks Jarrod that seems to answer most of my questions, i did not realise there were 7 centres, of course none anywhere near ******* me.

Sirbhp i am not sure i fancy going missing in the Norfolk countryside for the next 6 years getting fingered by pig farmers.

4. H3

H3 LE

Decide where yourr going and book an appointment ... turn up with completed form and Passport photos , wait 4 hours then return and pay 129 quid !!!

5. That simple? I would have thought dealing with Government types i would have to prove what i ate for the last 2 months and a spunk sample.

6. These new passport things are quite good, my partner for some reason lost both our driving licences, pay online and a new photo one appears.

7. H3

H3 LE

8. Directgov is your friend:

Premium one-day service

The Premium service is a guaranteed service in which you deliver your application and collect your passport on the same day. It's available on weekdays for appointments before:
    •4.00 pm in London
    •1.30 pm in Liverpool
    •1.00 pm in Peterborough
    •12.30 pm in Glasgow and Newport
    •12.00 noon in Belfast and Durham

And on Saturdays for appointments before 11.00 am.

The waiting time for your passport will be four hours from when the application is accepted and the cashier gives you a receipt.

This service is not available for:
    •a first adult or first child passport
    •extending a limited passport
    •replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport
    •making several or complex changes to your existing passport

Changing the name on your passport can usually be done using the Premium service. If you are unsure, call the Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000 and explain the changes you need.

9. Ok Thank you Historyman, now another random question. My Passport does not run out for 2 more years but i don't hardly ever go back to the UK. Do you think its to early to renew, will they get a shitty on about it?

10. H3

H3 LE

Yep simple as .... just renewed my Passport last month and did the same day Premium service hence the cost and wait of 4 hours , even the form was simples !! You only need to get the new Photo signed if for some reason you look nothing like your last photo in your old passport .

11. Why renew then?

12. H3

H3 LE

13. Just get a scanner and a colour printer... job jobbed.

14. Perfect thanks for all your help, job jobbed. Jarrod because i'm not planning on coming back to the UK for 2 years and some flights wont let you travel if you have under 6 months left on it.