24 Hour Passport Renewal.

Evening,

Has anybody been through the day long Passport application recently? Is it a nause and where did you go?

I have been trying to research but some say the Liverpool place has now closed then some other people say you can't do the day long renewal at all any more.

Cheers.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
go to the Peterborough office none of those inbreds ever travel further than spalding so there's no queues .

Thanks Jarrod that seems to answer most of my questions, i did not realise there were 7 centres, of course none anywhere near ******* me.

Sirbhp i am not sure i fancy going missing in the Norfolk countryside for the next 6 years getting fingered by pig farmers.

Decide where yourr going and book an appointment ... turn up with completed form and Passport photos , wait 4 hours then return and pay 129 quid !!!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Thanks Jarrod that seems to answer most of my questions, i did not realise there were 7 centres, of course none anywhere near ******* me.

Sirbhp i am not sure i fancy going missing in the Norfolk countryside for the next 6 years getting fingered by pig farmers.
These new passport things are quite good, my partner for some reason lost both our driving licences, pay online and a new photo one appears.

Directgov is your friend:

Premium one-day service

The Premium service is a guaranteed service in which you deliver your application and collect your passport on the same day. It's available on weekdays for appointments before:
•4.00 pm in London
•1.30 pm in Liverpool
•1.00 pm in Peterborough
•12.30 pm in Glasgow and Newport
•12.00 noon in Belfast and Durham

And on Saturdays for appointments before 11.00 am.

The waiting time for your passport will be four hours from when the application is accepted and the cashier gives you a receipt.

This service is not available for:
•a first adult or first child passport
•extending a limited passport
•replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport
•making several or complex changes to your existing passport

Changing the name on your passport can usually be done using the Premium service. If you are unsure, call the Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000 and explain the changes you need.

Ok Thank you Historyman, now another random question. My Passport does not run out for 2 more years but i don't hardly ever go back to the UK. Do you think its to early to renew, will they get a shitty on about it?

Yep simple as .... just renewed my Passport last month and did the same day Premium service hence the cost and wait of 4 hours , even the form was simples !! You only need to get the new Photo signed if for some reason you look nothing like your last photo in your old passport .

Perfect thanks for all your help, job jobbed. Jarrod because i'm not planning on coming back to the UK for 2 years and some flights wont let you travel if you have under 6 months left on it.

Ok Thank you Historyman, now another random question. My Passport does not run out for 2 more years but i don't hardly ever go back to the UK. Do you think its to early to renew, will they get a shitty on about it?
I doubt it, they get 2 years back, for free.

I went through the process about a year and half ago. I went to London at aloted time waited 15/20 mins handed over the forms. The company I work for had tried to save a few quid and had done the pic, in house. The person processing me, wiped her finger over the pic, it smudged and I was sent to get another. Back, wait another 15/20 mins have application accepted ahnd over some dosh. Go find a pub have a couple of pints and some lunch, wander around and return 4 hours later, wait another 15/20 mins. Get presented a shiny new passport. Not a bad days work for me. A paid day in the smoke and a free new passport.

IIRC, you can add a maximum of 9 months to the validity of your new passport i.e. you can renew 270 days before the old one expires and carry those days over; a note of caution - overseas issues have become (a) much more expensive and (b) less quick, in the latter case for two reasons - (i) the number of diplomatic missions which can issue renewals has been dramatically reduced and (ii) all new passport for issue overseas are now processed in the UK and not at Embassies or Consulates e.g. a good mates brother who has a wife from Belarus had aright chase around to get their daughter a British Passport - it materialised after 3 months being issued out of Duesseldorf because our Embassy in Minsk can no longer issue passports (Moscow is far, far closer but that is another story). Ulitmately, our beloved Government treats overseas passport issues as an opportunity to make money i.e. an indirect tax.

Nope.

They'll take your money and smile.

Unless you **** up the slightest detail in your app: in which case they will return it.

I've renewed 3 boys and a wife in the last 9 months, the boys at peak time (last summer). Get the documentation right, 10 days, tops.