24 Commandos?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by willpage, Jun 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would of liked to edit the the title as I didn't realise it said commandos when it was meant to be commando!

Hello,

I know there are threads on this and I read them over and over but I need someone to settle this once and for all!

I want to become a armoured engineer but would like to become a commando! I looked on the army role finder and it says you can become a armoured engineer commando. But after trawling through threads on this website people are saying you can't as it's not a trade!

Can someone please help me?

Thanks, Will

2. Anyone can volunteer to attempt the All Arms Commando course, but you will not serve with 24 if you pass, as they don't need any armoured engineers. You can just do it for the badge.

3. Ok do you know what regiments they are based at? I would of preferred Devon or as close as possible to Cornwall, but I really don't mind along as I get in I'm happy wherever I go!

4. Sorry didn't mean to put 'commandos'

5. 24 are based in North Devon. Saying that, why join the army if you want to stay near your home? Defeats the whole object of the exercise...

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's not near my home I live in Hertfordshire I just like that part of the country! but as i said i really don't mind where I go aslong as i get in im happy!!

7. Im afraid the reality of Army postings will soon dampen your love of certain places that you are posted to!

• Like Like x 1
  8. im realising that now! Oh well just need to focus on getting in first!

9. I like the sound of that! But any chance it could be kitesurfing?

10. Let's see:

24 commando Royal Engineers, based at RM Chivenor in North Devon sharing (trying unsuccessfully to tale over) a camp with the Commando Logistic Regiment Royal Marines. The solders are housed in grade 4 accom while everyone else is in grade 1. For some reason they seem to get a hard on for making sprogs run around in pink body armour pushing a wheel barrow. Seem to be useful for getting pissed and then driving trucks into the camp perimeter fence. Hoofing night out though if invited.
    Your other option is 29 commando Royal Artillary in Plymouth Citadel. One of my (commando and para trained matelot would you believe it!) works for them when shore based never stops banging on about how good it is to work with them and can't wait to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

11. Royal Artillary is my other top choice I am still umming and eeeering between the two! I want something that is going to challenge me push me further than i believe I could ever go beyond my limits. I'm not bothered about location anymore!

12. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Have you even been near an ACIO to see if you are even up to the required standard. I am also reasonably sure that you will not be able to get in direct to either 24 or 29.

Anyway Devon and Cornwall is full this time of the year, roll on Oct.

13. I have just done my BARB test got to go back on Friday and speak to him about my choices as I would rather talk face to face than over the phone!

14. 24 Commandos siting in a tree k.i.s.s.i.n.g.

29 CDO RA will challenge your balls off!

15. course he can... RA join as whatever is in the book but are really "RA sprog" - volunteer for 29 at Larkhill, off you go. May be binned if fat though. From experience they also beast crow as per pink body armour type shite.

Mate of mine became an RE pom, volunteered for 24, went, passed AACC, has an ok deal but doesnt like how much his Sqn bang on about being Commandos as if its the best thing since blowjobs... (get the same in PARA units).