24 Cdo Engr Regiment

Skr.69

Swinger
im joining the engineers soon (hopefully) and i would really like to join 24 commando. i was just wondering how life as a commando engineer differs from life as a regular engineer.
many thanks :)

exspy

LE
im joining the engineers soon (hopefully) and i would really like to join 24 commando.
Yesterday you posted that you were joining the infantry. Today you post you're joining the Engineers.

You're definitely a candidate for 49 Para.

Cheers,
Dan.

yeah im not the best at deciding these things
Dont think the phys will be easier than the marines...Maybe you should rethink this.

yeah im not the best at deciding these things
Don't listen to them.

Ask away, and make sure you know what you are getting in to.

You will NOT get a chance to rethink/retrade once you rock up.

That said, perhaps read the army website, and make a list of jobs that interest you and why. Then form some questions.

The simple answer to your above query is, they are the same as any other Engrs, except they support the Cdos and have to do AACC. Because of that you will find yourself quite busy visiting dusty and hot, or high and cold locations.

You can do that in othe rEngr units too, but you will definitely be doing it with 24. They are located near the sea, so if you are in to sea kayaking or similar seabourne sports, get in.

They have an embedded TA Sqn, so you will meet that animal, alot.

You will post in and out of the unit as per any other unit. I've just had a mate go back there from an OTC, and aother lad has been posted in and has just passed AACC as a SNCO.

Skr.69

Swinger
Don't listen to them.

Ask away, and make sure you know what you are getting in to.

You will NOT get a chance to rethink/retrade once you rock up.

That said, perhaps read the army website, and make a list of jobs that interest you and why. Then form some questions.

The simple answer to your above query is, they are the same as any other Engrs, except they support the Cdos and have to do AACC. Because of that you will find yourself quite busy visiting dusty and hot, or high and cold locations.

You can do that in othe rEngr units too, but you will definitely be doing it with 24. They are located near the sea, so if you are in to sea kayaking or similar seabourne sports, get in.

They have an embedded TA Sqn, so you will meet that animal, alot.

You will post in and out of the unit as per any other unit. I've just had a mate go back there from an OTC, and aother lad has been posted in and has just passed AACC as a SNCO.
Thanks for the answer mate, I'll bear it in mind :)

X59

LE
The biggest difference in the daily life between 24 and other Engr Regts is the phys.

Every day not on deployment will involve a couple of phys sessions which will have you blowing out of your balloon knot, regardless of how fit you are.

AACC is pretty stiff, but a comparative breeze if you can get through Beat Up and stay injury free.

To OP though,

I'd point out that a stint in the RE/Cdo RE will give you more chance of a bonafide trade, Infantrymen aren't that sought after. Although they do benefit from picking up some vocational skills and quals.

Have a look on the RE site at the trades on offer. Everything from sparky to plumber, you can also do Search, EOD and diving ON TOP of these trades.

Latest Threads