24,000 military passes missing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DozyBint, Aug 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 8O WTF are you all doing with your passes?!

2. Ermmmmm, do the 17 (ish) that i have in my car (that I probably should have handed in at some point) count?

Only another 23,983 to go then!

3. Pah! Wasting my taxes - you could have fiddled an expenses claim and gone on the lash with the money spent on replacement passes! :D

4. I've sold them all on ebay.

As used by the Paras/Marines/SAS.

5. I had mine nicked by a pickpocket on a bus!

From now on I will wear it around my neck as I'm a terrible one for losing stuff. :-(

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

JEM if you can correctly identify the 1950's black and white film in which the immortal line : << Snorkers -good oh ! >> was first uttered
    ( here's a clue: Terry Wogan wasn't in it) I will restore your stolen ID pass. :D

Yours aye,

'Fingers' Le Chevre

7. Ask the audience???? I know I know.

Twas on the Compass Rose.

8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Shhh - don't spoil it.....one at a time , hands up only.....

9. Security threat..........what threat?

10. When did passes from "Department for Education and Skills; Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; the Department for International Development; the Department for Trade and Industry; the Treasury, and the Department of Constitutional Affairs (DCA)." give access to "sensitive military sites"?

11. I have a feeling some of those passes are complete gash.

12. Security is not a dirty word.

As said by the Wing W02 in DST Leconsfield.

Oh the memories!!!!!

13. I have 4 MoD ones and 3 from DEFRA, all of which should have been returned, problem is they keep giving me 2, one for the car and one for me, on returning I hand in my pass and forget the one on the dashboard...opps

14. I miss my old RAF F1250- it was great for scraping the ice off my windscreen. (Although the old blue one was better as it didn't have the plastic film which could peel off after too much scraping.)

15. Cruel C :?