• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

23 signal group!

i heard from a very good source (1 sig bde) that 7 sigs and 16 sigs were going to merge in the future . they will be known as 23 signal group based at elmpt station near the german/dutch border . they currently occupy the old raf bruggen airbase.which i also hear may be reopened when these units merge. this merger would make logical sense as both units are already integrated in elmpt, also neither unit is fully manned at present. has anyone else heard this rumour???

Not heard the rumour. But would make sense, if only for admin purposes, could also bring in ARRC Sup Bn. They could all keep their names but be grouped together for various tasks.

threesend said:
they will be known as 23 signal group based at elmpt station near the german/dutch border . they currently occupy the old raf bruggen airbase.which i also hear may be reopened when these units merge.
Waaaaaa, somebody's had you a good one. Both regiments are based at the old RAF Brüggen..... which IS Elmpt Station near the Dutch/German border!!

:lol:

Plant-Pilot said:
threesend said:
they will be known as 23 signal group based at elmpt station near the german/dutch border . they currently occupy the old raf bruggen airbase.which i also hear may be reopened when these units merge.
Waaaaaa, somebody's had you a good one. Both regiments are based at the old RAF Brüggen..... which IS Elmpt Station near the Dutch/German border!!

:lol:
I think he probably realised that PP, he lives there.

Bones

polar said:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:14 pm Post subject: 23 signal group!
Guess ur in a different time zone to the UK
Well quite obviously not every one can have the luxury of living in the same time zone, perhaps we should all put times in Zulu to stop confusion in this matter?
However, i did also hear some body talking about this today, but have no real details or concrete evidence to support this claim.

Latest Threads