AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
OFP Lariol

I wonder if one could make an anagram from that. Didn't read further.

Also written by Flori Lopi.

Did read just for fun, other clues include
"The Foreign Office said it was aware of the plans, which are being overseen by the UN committee for Trade Routes Uniting Economies"
Would that be the UNTRUE committee?

TamH70

MIA
This morning's update:

London, Apr 2 -- A press report, dated Apr 1, states: As the investigation into the grounding of fully cellular containership Ever Given in the Suez Canal begins, the vessel’s Japanese owner, Shoe Kisen, on Apr 1 declared General Average. The vessel, now at anchor at the Bitter Lakes area undergoing technical inspections, possible date of departure to ports of discharge has yet to be set. And while there is no reported damage to the cargo, and that to the vessel appeared to be minimal, the cost of the salvage operation, which ultimately required 11 tugs and two dredgers, as well as possible compensation claims from a variety of interests such as the Suez Canal Authority or shipping companies caught up in the backlog, could amount to a sizeable bill. In addition, it remains unclear whether there will be a separate salvage claim from the vessel’s salvors.

1617401425765.png

Disaster in Yorkshire.
The captain of this wayward craft was not interviewed as everyone knew no knut would know what he said anyhow.
The economy is set to decline by £3.67p per week.
Puddings, wellies, flat caps, whippet feed & Auntie Bessie puddings are already cleared from shelves.
Electricians are just about jobless resulting in Aberdonians drafted in to fight in an attempt to produce copper wire by fighting over & stretching 2p pieces.
Meantime Yorkshire's two Ford Anglia & remaining Daimler Dart squad cars, with bells on singing " My Ding-a-ling & whistling the Z-cars theme (usually based in Pickering doing nowt) are touring relentlessly at (sort of) high speed looking for trouble makers who are usually either down 't pub or in their beds hours back.
It is rumoured said Captain's wife kicked his head in when she misunderstood the meaning of " I could do with a good tug"

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
View attachment 562167
Disaster in Yorkshire.
The captain of this wayward craft was not interviewed as everyone knew no knut would know what he said anyhow.
Puddings, wellies, flat caps, whippet feed & Auntie Bessie puddings are already cleared from shelves.
Electricians are just about jobless resulting in Aberdonians drafted in to fight in an attempt to produce copper wire by fighting over & stretching 2p pieces.
Meantime Yorkshire's two Ford Anglia & remaining Daimler Dart squad cars, with bells on singing " My Ding-a-ling & whistling the Z-cars theme (usually based in Pickering doing nowt) are touring relentlessly at (sort of) high speed looking for trouble makers who are usually either down 't pub or in their beds hours back.
It is rumoured said Captain's wife kicked his head in when she misunderstood the meaning of " I could do with a good tug"
Again???

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Choux Bun

Clanker
View attachment 562167
Disaster in Yorkshire.
Not long after captaining the vessel that blocked the Suez Canal, it looks as though Uncle Albert has been at it again in Yorkshire!!

The backlog of ships at the Suez Canal is reportedly now cleared as the last of the ships held up by the closure has passed through.
Suez Canal backlog officially over as last stranded ships pass through
The Suez Canal Authority said the last of 422 ships stranded by the grounding of the giant container ship Ever Given made their way through the canal by Saturday, ending the backlog caused by the blockage.

The official investigation into the cause is expected to be complete in two days, after which the results will be announced.

endure

GCM
Philip Morris must be making a fortune at the moment...

Latest Threads