23 Mar. Suez Canal blocked.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer

This is not good. Global supply chains are already taught during COVID.

This could cause a blip in worldwide production with just in time lines now screwed. If they don’t clear it soon standby for big issues.

Plus Egypt is now loosing millions of dollars a day.

1616540343613.png

Seems the thing ran aground somehow!

An ultra-large containership is aground and blocking ship traffic in the Suez Canal.
AIS data shows the MV Ever Given is stuck sideways within the canal, preventing ships from passing in either direction. Several tugs have been on scene for several hours working to dislodge the ship.

Oops!

Could have been a steering/engine failure

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
They have ships stacking up at both entrances and the passing lake. Nothing can move as all the tugs are on scene.

if this causes any more than 2 to 3 transits to not happen it will be very bad. Think of all those containers at sea not able to get were they need to be.

endure

GCM
400 metres long 20000 TEU

964ST

War Hero
Reminds me of being on a Tactical Brigade Night River Crossing in BAOR, I was driving the CO,s landrover and just as I got to the Engineers assault bridge thing I ran over a Cam-net, locked the fücking transmission immediately:).

That Captain on the OP,s Post has no idea what real stress is!

Try cutting a cam-net off a Landrover Transfer Box with a Swiss Army Pen-knife, when all around you are RMP,s and engineers are screaming wanting to punt your vehicle into the Weser.

Last edited:
While I am a huge fan of the Suez Canal I couldn't give s flying fcuk about Superstores not receiving tools that you buy, use once, and they then fester and rust in your shed.

I will enjoy watching the Egyptians sorting this one out.

Ha ha

Chef

LE
113.48 Nelson's Column's, 248.3 metric tonne elephants, 54.3 football pitches.
(Distance to the moon is a non standard metric for shipping use)
What's that in relation to Blue Whales? (And Wales, the other standard size unit)

While I am a huge fan of the Suez Canal I couldn't give s flying fcuk about Superstores not receiving tools that you buy, use once, and they then fester and rust in your shed.

I will enjoy watching the Egyptians sorting this one out.

Ha ha
Could have crates full of C19 vaccine. Or cheap clothing. Or illegal immigrants. Who knows?

Latest Threads