23 Engineer Regiment

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Bad CO, May 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Anyone fancy having a go at putting some content into the ARRSEPedia on this unit?

2. Sorry, never been there Priam

3. you have to sell your soul & wear a non-issued colour beret & that really grates on those lads who have actually done the course 8O 8O 8O 8O

4. I can help on the period 1983-85!? :D

5. Re-formed Jan 03 as 23 Engr Regt (Air Asslt). Implementation team began as early Jan 02 initially in Colchester with a view to moving to Woodbridge then moved to Waterbeach Mid 02.

RHQ first exercise in CAST(N) then on Salisbury Plain in Sp of 16 Air asslt Bde in Sept 02 including the first elements of the HQ Sqn, 12 (Nova Scotia) HQ Sqn (Air Asslt).

IOC was due Apr 03 (FOC Jul 03) brought forward to Jan 03 in order to provide Engr Sp to 16 Air Asslt Bde on Op TELIC. Took control of:

51 Fd Sqn (Air Asslt), Ripon.
    9 Para Sqn RE, Aldershot.
    61 Fd sp Sqn (Air Asslt), Maidstone at this time.

Deployed on OP TELIC Jan – Feb 03, initial deployments included.

61 Fd Sp Sqn (Air Asslt) provided the Dallas Breach in Sp of 5 RCT (US).
    51 Fd Sqn (Air Asslt) provided Sp to R IRISH BG on securing the GOSP’s
    9 Para Sqn RE provide Sp to 1 & 3 Para BG exploiting N over N Rumalah Bridge and into the Maysan Province.

Reformation Parade Jul 03, Reviewing Office Maj Gen P Wall

Brief overview of the reformation process. My knowledge sort of goes un-current after this time.

Oh and by the way, the beret thing also grates on those older lads who have no desire to wear an unearned beret and are quite happy to wear their RE Blue berets with pride!!!!

6. pretty sure that the move to woodbridge is happening this year, well that is what i have been told by mates i have at 9/51/61 but we will wait & see because it was talked about when i was in 51 & that was 8 years ago now.

regarding the beret issue, i my freind would be one of those who would much rather wear my corps beret also.....................HURRAH :D :D :D :D

7. You knocker have work colleagues
    Not mates so dont try and big yourself up
    Bloody mates next he'll be saying he gets them in when hes at the bar :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

To be honest, this was my (not very) cunning plan to drum up some interest in the ARRSEPedia. I was rather hoping someone would have clicked on the 'Edit' button on that page and cracked on. They might then have had a look through the other pages and seen that details on some other RE units were rather thin ..... etc!

9. Perhaps sappers are just better at OpSec than the (not very? :twisted: ) I Corps :wink:

Just joking chaps... dont let your light green berets get all puffed up... :D

10. Sorry Bad CO, I could wax lyrical for hours on several Regiments, however, my version would differ from others, and therefore I can’t be ARRSED.

As has been alluded to, the difference between the RE forum and certain others on this site is the complete and utter pride that the RE show, as opposed to the whinging and self flagellation other Corps seem purvey.

Therefore there is no need for Sappers to big themselves up in any sort of encyclopaedia. UBIQUE speaks for its self!!!!

11. GOOD CALL :p :p :p :p

12. Fair play on the first comment HOWEVER STROKE COMA you know me far far better than that regarding the bar comment 8O 8O 8O 8O

13. HOWEVER STROKE COMMA, WE HAVE A SYSTEM IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING
    That was the sigs staffy in 8Fd sqns favourite saying and ive not seen or heard that in years
    Anyhow next time im in Chilwell ill pop down for you to prove me wrong :D :D

14. i'll be waiting my friend :) :) :) :)