22nd Knife/Gun killing in London

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chocolate_frog, Aug 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lad fatally shot in cost cutters,

Unknown number of suspects escaped on mopeds.....

The Times
  2. The truly shocking thing is: noone IS shocked anymore.

Squaddies beat up and slashed...woman shoved onto railway tracks...people being shot or stabbed in every major city....

Welcome to Great Britain 2008. :x :evil:
  3. Liabour tough on crime tough on the causes of crime...

Fat chance liabour have built more prisons? No
    Fat chance liabour have invested in proper policeing? No
    Fat chance liabour have invested in the Prison service? No
    Fat chance liabour have invested in the probation services? No
    Fat chance liabour have encourage social and self responsibilty? No

Have liabour have done anything? No...

4. So to sum it LIABOUR have done FU*K ALL..

I think I have got that Right. Wan**rs the lot of them.
  5. As the outrage bus revs up,this is an interesting read on how media reporting of crime has become more hysterical over the years, leading to both outrage and pointless or even counter-productive changes in behaviour/legislation.

6. Agreed. It seems to me that it's clever government use of the media to whip up a frenzy, then enact a 'suitable' law to plug the 'glaring loophole through which murderers and terrorists escape, thumbing their noses at the law and decent British Citizens' ...... Then prompt the media into the next fabricated outrage...... rinse and repeat... As opposed to the media running the show completely, which I don't think has happened yet.
  7. The report, as I read it was from 1945-1995 was it not?

That crime is falling is from government figures that have been "fiddled" around with for at least the past 12 years.

Therefore this "report" is N/A for the last 12 years, as we were "more fearful" when LABliar came to power.
  8. The simple fact of the matter is - if you are not involved with gangs and crime and you have an ounce of self-awareness and common sense then you are incredibly unlikely to be randomly knifed/shot in the steet.
  9. While I bow to no man in here is my hatred and contempt for both politicians and the media, it's worth pointing out that neither group invented the 22 people(and counting)shot or stabbed to death in London alone this year.

There is a real and growing problem with violent crime in this country. Anyway who believes differently is out of touch with reality; a senior police officer, human rights lawyer etc...
  10. Fúck me - bold and 22 point font - you must be angry.

I don't really care about the party political angle on this; my point was that people have always been beastly towards each other, whoever is in power. In the past, it was dealt with more calmly, now everyone gets worked up into a 'something must be done' lather - Dangerous Dogs Act/banning all pistols etc etc. The phenonema has ben getting worse and worse - it is exploited by both politicians and the media, creating a vicious circle.
  11. I agree that the media do much to whip up a climate of fear but, at the end of the day, kids are dying unnecessarily.
  12. I'm a (very junior) piolice officer, and I can safetly say that most victims of knife/gun crime and nasty pieces of work. There are very few (but notable) examples of completely innocent victims.
  13. This seems to be one bunch of feral scum killing a member of another bunch of feral scum. I have to say I don't care who's killing the trash as long as they are getting killed. It saves taxpayers money in the long run.
  14. Indeed and i have to say that the 'outrage bus' joke can be a little past its sell by date in some respects, that ARRSE is about making comment and points should not be confused with the one trick pony of the outrage bus.

As your qoutes above clearly point out we have to look at the facts and not the copy from tomorrows chip wrappings.

This though doesnt excuse my disdain and dispair that the government have done nothing too reduce that simple fact that life has become more feral in certain areas that people have become feral in certain areas,

While there is no one DS solution root cause nor cure. The government certainly like to use the smoke and mirror of moral outrage and hysteria to ensure they dont have to do anything competantly.

:x Right off to throw some shoes and hurump in a outraged manner
  15. With spelling like yours, no wonder! 8O :lol:

While I can see your point, that the majority of gun/knife crime is NHI(No Humans Involved), scum rarely worry about collateral damage. And they will not hesitate to attack "civilians" if they are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's worth noting that assualts against the police are also rising... :evil: