.22LR MP5 shown on channel 5 (the gadget show)

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by mr griffin123, Aug 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wouldnt say the presenter was a walt,

Walting as what exactly?

overexcitable civvie yes but walt? no. lets face it, that is what he gets paid for.

The bloke in the desert UBACS and a lot of airsoft kit with the GSG-5 in 22lr was pretty dubious mind....
  2. They would have checked him out though, wouldn't they? I mean it's not as if he was applying to be an advisor the the Ministry of Defence...

3. Do you stutter?
  4. That Andy McNab character with his finger on the trigger and all that crap hanging off him was a little suspect. Ex-SF my arse.
  5. I would have done it much faster!! MW2 that is.

6. My thoughts exactly, esp all that crap mounted on the weapon I mean red dot, laser, muzzle light for **** shake is the bloke blind or something??? Most likely an airsoft Walt sas sniper yer do one
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Hard and fast mate, hard and fast!

Yeah, alright then.

Was checking for GSG5 bits on it and unless there's a stack of aftermarket fore-grips, collapsable stocks (not the GSG versions) and stuff, there's a chance it's not the GSG-5. I would say that was a fake-arrsed GSG barrel moderator thought.

It may have been the new H&K (Walther) MP5 maybe, which is 'sposed to be better than the GSG.

Standing by (hard, but not fast) to be corrected. :eye:
  8. It wasn't TOO bad. Shame they overplayed it so much. I suspect the art director had a lot to do with what the Live shooter was wearing.
  9. You also need to bear in mind that he was trying to replicate the look and feel of the game which was the whole point of the MW2 vs Real Life 'challenge'.
  10. I did like their range! :)

11. No it was a gsg-5 I got glimpse of the markings on the mag well
    I doubt that walther / umerax version would be better judging by the walther g22, p22, ar 15 clone and those co2 pistols

I had a look at that gsg-5 a few weeks ago its well made for a .22lr, unlike the welts who normally buy them.
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's got completely non-standard furniture all over it, including the stock, fore-end, top-rail, pistol grip etc etc etc. If that's a GSG-5, the only original part is the action and fako moderator. As for the GSG-5 being well made . . . the newer stuff out, like the Spike's Tactical knocks it into a cocked hat.
  13. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Agree with Biped, I've had my GSG-5 a couple of years now and am getting rid.

Stoppages more and more, no matter what ammo.

Spikes are a cracking bit of kit, saying that, they should be for the money.
  14. Why are you getting stoppages?? Doddy ejector?? Is the spikes a conversion kit for the ar rifles or a dededicated .22 rifle? I have read on some yank forums that the spikes conversion kits are not too reliable