22lr M4 copies

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Von1Papen, Mar 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks,

I've recently become a member of a rifle and pistol club (NI) , I'm considering what I might want to purchase once my year's probation is up.

Indoor 25m range most of the time with the odd weekend at Ballykinlar for full bore rifles.

The club has plenty of match 22lr rifles and a variety of 22/9mm/38 pistols.

I've been looking on suffolkrifles and ogling the m4 ops, I like the idea of something fun for plinking and general target use thats abit different from the ordinary club firearms (which include a 22 SMLE and 22 Martini Henry).

Any opinions of these mil spec replicas in 22?

von1papen

2. They are very popular, read expensive. They only do the same job as a say Ruger 10/22 or a CZ512. They just looks more Gucci. They are not accurate, just plinkers with a mil-look.

End of the day. Whatever floats your boat.

3. In had a shoot the other day with something got up to look like a HK416, and it was a piece of shit. Bendy stock, rattly mag housing, fit for digging the garden with at a pinch, perhaps.

4. Been looking at these myself. I currently have a Ruger 10/22. Do you not think the M4 rep is worth it, Stan?

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sig do the 522 which is interesting!

6. had a play with a few different ones like the Carl Walther made Colt M4 ops and HK416, a CMMG and a Spikes Tactical,
    but the one that floated my boat the most was the Smith + Wesson MP15-22,
    it performed the best, had operation functions like a real M4 (bolt hold-open and release etc) and was the easiest to strip and clean.
    when i get some spare cash my 10/22 is deffo getting traded in for one from Suffork Rifle Company.

Smith & Wesson | Suffolk Rifle Company

and then pimp it up with a chinky copy of a elcan, and some other pinkatinny bells and whistles and its minirifle a go-go :)

DR Specter 1&4X Mag. Illuminated Dot Rifle Scope, With Auto Red Dot on Top | eBay

7. I had one of those...not long after the handgun ban came in.

It would only work with CCI Stingers...but looked and felt great...certainly better than some of the new plastic offerings.

I always remember...the first round I ever fired in it...got a separation...spent the reast of the afternoon tring to get the thing back out.

It was nice seeing the look on the face of the firearms plod when it came out the cabinet at renewal time.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Seen the S&W version, the Colt/walther made ones and the HK416.

Liked the Colt because of the 5.56 dust cover, I imagined it would be less likely to have extraction problems than the S&W with its 22 sized port.

At the end of the day I'm not looking for match accuracy, as stated I can use such rifles for free anyway for competetions and the like.

Only other question would be about moderators? I rather liked the idea of one, whats the legality of such things in the UK? One club member had one on his 22 match rifle so I imagine it isn't a problem.

9. If I was having one I'd get the M4 yes, just because it looks pretty.

Moderators. If you have 'good reason' you can have a moderator on your ticket. Remember, a moderator only needs a ticket if it is fitted to a rifle. At least that is the situation on the mainland. I'd ask/read up very carefully on the situation in NI before getting any hardware. Seriously.

10. Yep, same here, nothing but a Minimag will shift the rather big bolt.

Same with my FEO, can I see your '.22 rifle' please?

Nearly shat himself - 'What are you doing with a machinegun!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

They used to cack themselves seeing tactical shotguns and 10-22s with folding stocks, hopefully those crusty ******* have all retired now!

12. I would urge you to get a Ruger 10/22 and put on a chassis stock like TAPCO makes. TAPCO® INTRAFUSE® - 10/22 Tactical Trainer

13. He wasn't so crusty, but it is now done out as a CAR-15 and looks a bit sporty.