Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

.223 Rem - new rifle

TRAZTAZ said:
I would go deffo with the Remington 700 answer, I have several in various calibers................a better rifle you will not find , stock too heavy as was said earlier..............change it with anyone of the zillions of custom stocks out there. I have to admit all mine wear new trousers.

They look gorgeous with aN AICS KIT.

TRAZTAZ said:
I would go deffo with the Remington 700 answer, I have several in various calibers................a better rifle you will not find , stock too heavy as was said earlier..............change it with anyone of the zillions of custom stocks out there. I have to admit all mine wear new trousers.

Pete Sarony (Armalon) prefers to use the HS Precision, AICS or Bell & Carson stocks as they all have an aluminium bedding block. Personally, I reckon that these are all a bit chunky if you want to use the rifle for field use. If it were me, I would prefer a McMillan, although I know that Sarony isn't too keen on these.

I've been very tempted by the Armalon... was on the very verge of ordering one and about to open my wallet, when I was told it would take min. 8 weeks to get one. Charlie is getting his breeding season under way and I need to be in among him.

Might forget competition shooting for now and get a Steyr Pro Varmint, despite the horrible shiny stainless barrels.

I'll see if I have a pic...I painted it last summer.

Another mate of mine used BBQ paint on his stainless barrel, which gave a flat black finish. The Plastikote woodstove paint I used leaves a satin-black finish.

The paint hasn't chipped or flaked off , looks as good as the day I did it.
(This rifle is used for PR so has gotten fairly hot during matches)

Cheers
Steven

eh Voila !

16102008558.jpg

If you look closely, you can see a sliver of silver near the front sight post...that was due to my poor masking tape skills....yes, I was lazy and left the front sight post in place.....

BambiBasher said:
I've been very tempted by the Armalon... was on the very verge of ordering one and about to open my wallet, when I was told it would take min. 8 weeks to get one. Charlie is getting his breeding season under way and I need to be in among him.

Might forget competition shooting for now and get a Steyr Pro Varmint, despite the horrible shiny stainless barrels.

Bradley Arms would knock you out one of his AR15s in just a couple of weeks.