220 Field Ambulance RAMC ( V ).

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by LoneTree, May 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys just a quick post on behalf of my father. He served in this TA unit from the mid 70,s up till the early 90,s. Being a complete biff like me on anything to do with computers, he has asked me to post on here to see if he can catch up with any old mates. PM or post I,m sure your replies will be most apprechiated. He was a well known member & i,m sure anybody serving this unit at this time would remember him !!

Regards LT.

2. Soz , I belive its called B medical battalion or something now ??? Based at Ditton Kent.

LT.

3. :D hi, I was the Chief Clerk of 220 Fd Amb from 1977 - 1980, bet I knew your Dad!
    They were in West Malling, although the unit was (and probably still is) on the main Maidstone road, not far from the Royal British Legion Village.

4. Hi guys this is Wilki, left the Unit 1974 - 2004 (29 years) i probably new all of you how dose this site work?

5. One of my friends and possibly your fathers ex CO Geoffrey Brown or OC died earlier this year. RIP

6. sorry Wilki dont recall the name bet id recognise the face though also recall "sausage" Dave, Ian who was an arms dealer in civilian life (seriously) remember him being stopped by police while riding his pushbike carrying a bergan full of assorted hardware and Jim whos now working as a bodyguard so Im told remember Jim having a lovely ND at Thetford the look on his face was pure horror but extremly amusing to us, thats enough of me waffling on Ill **** off now.

7. just found this site. this is colin or better known as cd or even cpl Davis, that should jog a few memorys, well may be not.

my email as i am more likely check emails is
    col546@hotmail.com

8. HIYU

ITS COLIN, LONG TIME NO SEE.

EMAIL ME AT COL546@HOTMAIL.COM IF U GET THIS

9. i REMEMBER HIM

I WAS CPL DAVIS AND OF COURSE BEING OUR CO WE ALL REMEMBER HIM. SORRY TO HEAR HE IS NO LONGER WITH US.

10. Hi guys, how's things. Irish Nurse (Mac) here! 220 from 1991-1996. Hi Wilkie, thanks again for getting me off stag in Thetford by sleeping through both yours and mine! Hi Colin, still driving?

RIP Col Browne, I remember him as a nice chap.

11. Hi I am Jan Henderson Capt Mike Henderson wife any one remember him H but not Hewitt!!!!!

12. Hi folks!

per-sec, please do not put e-mail address's on here but PM to each other instead........god know's what you'll get from some of the clowns on here!!!

13. Yes I remember Mike Henderson. He was a L/Cpl when I transfered to 220 and new him for many years and saw him go through the rank's from L/Cpl up to officer. One of best and he was with me a lot as my Section Sgt then officer, great guy.

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Good advice from one in the know!

15. I remember running around Germany with MH in charge of the section. Great time - also remember him running into a "puddle" somewhere on Salisbury Plain, (we were all running around it) and it coming up to his neck! Happy days!